Hi ...
    I am using BB Bold 9700

For many of my contacts in the phone numbers i have inserted Letters (for Location, Departments, Names of people - just Home1 Home2 etc is not sufficient)

Foe example: if "ABC Shop" have 5 different location with 5 Different numbers, i will put their location after each number. this prevents multiple contact for same company / Person

But when i dial the contact which is followed by letters, BB dials those letters.

Is there any way to prevent it?
    01-10-11 04:41 AM
    You can't prevent it. You need to take those words out of your phone numbers.

Create separate contacts or put the information in the Notes section.
    Alpesh4 likes this.
    01-10-11 07:01 AM
    A workaround would be using voicedial as you can choose the location of the number ex mobile 1, mobile 2 etc
    01-10-11 07:23 AM
    Creating separate contacts will be too time consuming as i have plenty of contacts like those ..... and also chaotic

Many of my customers & suppliers have direct lines for say purchasing, sales, accounts .... and obviously each dept have different person to head .... creating separate contacts will create chaos .... if i need to dial a company - i will have to open each contact to find which is for which dept / location (coz that wont show up in Address book)

But since no solution can be found - i will have NO Choice ...

Just for curiosity - will switching to iPhones and Androids be the same?
    01-10-11 09:42 PM
    Best way for you then is to hold down the call button, start typing the contact, highlight it, click on it and it will offer all numbers for that contact, select the one desired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 06:59 AM
    Why don't you just create separate contacts and put the dept in the contact name? I have a few like that, but with government agencies. Like GPD Warrants, GPD CID, stuff like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 10:07 AM
    Just add another field in your contact or add it to notes, or create multiple contacts
    01-11-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD