I saw on twitter that a presentation had failed at devcon, was just wondering what it was, and what happened??
    Last edited by Tank1978; 02-07-12 at 08:04 AM.
    02-07-12 07:48 AM
    From what I read (also on Twitter), it was a presentation where you snap a picture from your BB, and it shows up right away on your Playbook. At least that's the way I interpreted it..
    02-07-12 07:57 AM
    Correct. Bad actually.
    02-07-12 08:00 AM
    Oh, ok, so nothing to major, stuff like that is bound to happen at somepoint...
    02-07-12 08:05 AM
    Oh, ok, so nothing to major, stuff like that is bound to happen at somepoint...
    It is major when RIM is trying to show the world what it can do and it doesn't work.
    02-07-12 08:12 AM
    02-07-12 08:19 AM
    Great Vid Kevin! Thanks
    02-07-12 08:35 AM
    From what I read (also on Twitter), it was a presentation where you snap a picture from your BB, and it shows up right away on your Playbook. At least that's the way I interpreted it..
    . It is part of the Bridge 2.0 demonstration.
    02-07-12 09:13 AM
    Its nothing major, even the great Steve Jobs has his moment when demo goes south.

If. I recall the feature was already demo-ed at CES.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 09:26 AM
    From what i have read on the comments on the video Kevin posted, Vivek walked out of bluetooth range which makes sense seeing that it was working but then could not connect. Great Presentation though and besides Thorsten Heins just shruged it off and moved on, good move. Really shows how calm and in control he is, doesn't let a few small mishaps ruin his day ;-)
    02-07-12 09:32 AM
    People are blowing this out of proportion. The photos app launched as soon as he took the picture. But it was just locked. I don't know why. Or how to unlock it. But that's what happened.

The basic gist of it worked though. Taking a picture on his BB. And it launching the photo (app) in seconds on the PB.
    02-07-12 11:06 AM
    So a live on stage demo of new software had a glitch? Shocker!

This happens all the time to every company. It's even happened to Apple. I don't understand why it's a big deal.
    02-07-12 11:15 AM
    Are people blowing it out of proportion? I haven't really seen or heard much other than this thread, and the initial Tweets.
    02-07-12 11:31 AM
    I just feel bad for the guy. They know what's riding on this... and who hasn't made a presentation that had some element of surprise? If you've ever done one, you know what I mean...
    02-07-12 11:35 AM
    People are blowing this out of proportion. The photos app launched as soon as he took the picture. But it was just locked. I don't know why. Or how to unlock it. But that's what happened.

The basic gist of it worked though. Taking a picture on his BB. And it launching the photo (app) in seconds on the PB.
    That's what it looked like to me as well.
    It's right at the 19.55 minute marker...
    02-07-12 11:43 AM
    It happens all the time, but I wish it had not at this point.

I will say that 2.0 looks quite good. RIM has really stepped up the look and feel since OS6. The consistency and look in general are top shelf in my opinion. Some catch up features for sure, but some nice new ones also. Late in coming, but looking great.
    02-07-12 11:44 AM
    I just feel bad for the guy. They know what's riding on this... and who hasn't made a presentation that had some element of surprise? If you've ever done one, you know what I mean...
    More often than not there has been some technical difficulty of some kind for me. Everything from projectors burning out to power shorts taking out the whole room. Its always entertaining lol
    02-07-12 12:01 PM
    The guy simple walked out of Bluetooth range.
    02-07-12 12:07 PM
    One thing we can be sure of is that it is only minutes before we start to see all the "pro" writers and "critic" release their blogs/reports on this technical difficulty. Sure enough this will be the only thing they take away from the presentation.
    02-07-12 12:22 PM
    02-07-12 12:29 PM
    haha, i like how they made a video specifically to showcase the OpenOn feature.
    02-07-12 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD