I am presently a US Verizon user. However, I travel to Canada frequently and occasionally to Mexico. I need to stay with Verizon or ATT in the US as I need rural coverage that I cannot get with Sprint or T Mobile.

Prepaid plans interest me as a way to save money. Then I could also just buy a prepaid plan for Canada or Mexico as from what I see, no US prepaid plan offers international data.

My question - Which provider in BC offers the best coverage and customer service.

thks in advance
    10-28-14 11:39 AM
    Is your phone unlocked? If it is a BB10 devise my top 3 suggestions for Prepaid are Koodo, Koodo, or Koodo. Koodo operates on the telus network. Buy the cheap text only at 15 pm unlimited. Then buy a 1 GB data Add on for $30 and 500 long distance minutes for $25. As long as you keep your base plane add-on's wont expire.
    Koodo does not support legacy data but will work with phone calls and texts.
    10-28-14 12:22 PM
    Is your phone unlocked? If it is a BB10 devise my top 3 suggestions for Prepaid are Koodo, Koodo, or Koodo. Koodo operates on the telus network. Buy the cheap text only at 15 pm unlimited. Then buy a 1 GB data Add on for $30 and 500 long distance minutes for $25. As long as you keep your base plane add-on's wont expire.
    Koodo does not support legacy data but will work with phone calls and texts.
    Do you know if Koodo prepaid gets access to the telus hot spots? My regular Koodo does. If prepaid also gets hot spot, that would be great deal for my nephew.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:11 PM
    Sorry but I don't know as none exist in Yukon yet.
    10-29-14 09:26 AM
    I am presently a US Verizon user. However, I travel to Canada frequently and occasionally to Mexico. I need to stay with Verizon or ATT in the US as I need rural coverage that I cannot get with Sprint or T Mobile.

Prepaid plans interest me as a way to save money. Then I could also just buy a prepaid plan for Canada or Mexico as from what I see, no US prepaid plan offers international data.

My question - Which provider in BC offers the best coverage and customer service.

thks in advance
    I'm no techy but if u have a Verizon phone which uses CDMA technology you need to confirm it works on Canadian GSM radios
    10-29-14 09:36 AM
    Do you know if Koodo prepaid gets access to the telus hot spots? My regular Koodo does. If prepaid also gets hot spot, that would be great deal for my nephew.

Thanks

Also if you register a CC on prepaid you will get 100 free minutes added plus 10 percent off month fee so it drops to 13.5 pm
    Spread over 1 year with 1 data and 1 minutes plan I pay 18.08 dollars per month with 50 anytime Canada wide minutes and 85 MB of data. Of course I own the phone.
    For me this is perfect as I access Wi-Fi daily.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tangozulu; 10-29-14 at 09:55 AM.
    10-29-14 09:37 AM
    It appears that Koodo has both CDMA and GSM options. Can anyone confirm this. Who is a CDMA provider in Canada?

thks
    10-29-14 10:08 AM
    Up north, only the last 1 horse outposts are still using CDMA only. Most switched to GSM a few years back and eventually all CDMA will be gone. I believe Bell has these holdouts. Telus said they will shut down their in the next few years.
    10-29-14 10:25 AM
    I'm no techy but if u have a Verizon phone which uses CDMA technology you need to confirm it works on Canadian GSM radios
    all verizon bb10 devices are cdma and gsm capable and the gsm comes unlocked so whatever you use should be no problem

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-29-14 10:47 AM