I am really thinking of switching to a blackberry. I don't want to do a contract with a cell phone company though. I am in the US and it's my understanding that I could get a blackberry classic at Target or Best Buy without a sim. Then what? I am not very tech savvy....
    12-15-15 11:16 PM
    There are no specific BlackBerry plans anymore. Any carrier you wish to go with as long as it's compatible with your device will work. eg: A CDMA device such as one intended for Verizon is not going to correctly work on a GSM carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile. You offered zero details on your exact location in the U.S. so carrier coverage is impossible to refer you to but you'll have no problems getting the device to work on T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk etc.
    There are no specific BlackBerry plans anymore. Any carrier you wish to go with as long as it's compatible with your device will work. eg: A CDMA device such as one intended for Verizon is not going to correctly work on a GSM carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile. You offered zero details on your exact location in the U.S. so carrier coverage is impossible to refer you to but you'll have no problems getting the device to work on T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk etc.
    12-15-15 11:28 PM