someone posted this and i wanted to know if
    text calling aim/msn n that stuff worked

I Understand Its A Data Phone

But If I Had A Prepaid Sim Card From A Sidekick Thats On A Data Plan And Placed It In My Blackberry Thats Going To Arrive Soon Would It Still Function Email...aim...etc?

The Sim Card I Have Allows All Data Services For A Dollar A Day..
    wouldent most of the features that the bb and sidekick share work with a tmobile sim card to a prepaid side kick?

shouldent everything work but the bb IM itself and the push button e-mail?

doesnt that leave the aim/msn/txt/web browsing (cuz u can do it with the side kick) work ?

and say you did want the push button e-mail to work and you got the tmobile e-mail plan for 9.99 a month then ur still sitting pretty at 49 bucks for a month of everything this phone has to offer correct?

and if thats wrong then wouldent everything besides the push button e-mail and bb IM work with the side kick sim like i said a few lines up?

someone explain to me if they think this would work

and if it wont work explain why just dont say u need a dataplan

and what are all the features that come with just the dataplan ?

as far as i can see it would just be those 2 cuz you should be able to get aim n all that other **** off the sidekick sim atleast i think....
    06-18-08 08:52 AM
    I used to have a pre-paid sidekick on T-Mobile. You will only get data when the sim is in the sidekick. I might be wrong about the reason, but I think it's because the sidekick connects to Danger's servers for data, and BlackBerries connect to RIM's servers for data.
    06-18-08 09:52 AM
    wouldent it still be fine with a reguar sim card with an extra 9.99 a month e-mai pan ?

woud it al work but bb push button e-mail n bb im?
    06-18-08 02:07 PM
    I used to have a pre-paid sidekick on T-Mobile. You will only get data when the sim is in the sidekick. I might be wrong about the reason, but I think it's because the sidekick connects to Danger's servers for data, and BlackBerries connect to RIM's servers for data.
    I agree. Blackberries connect to different server than other phones. So even though data plans maybe the same price or whatever but companies usually differeniate betweem a "blackberry data plan" and other data plans.
    06-18-08 02:27 PM
    the sidekick data is more the the Blackberry data. i think sidekick is $19.99 and BB is $9.99
    06-18-08 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD