So I use t-mobile but I have their prepaid plan and it's killing me. I find myself as a college student sending way too many texts these days I'm tempted to switch to a monthly plan.. but in between all that I don't really use that much data due to school wifi.

The cheapest subscription with t-mobile was $50 and that's too much. Apparently there's a $30 promotion with Walmart that's hidden and requires so much hoop to jump through.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-02-14 05:51 PM
    So I use t-mobile but I have their prepaid plan and it's killing me. I find myself as a college student sending way too many texts these days I'm tempted to switch to a monthly plan.. but in between all that I don't really use that much data due to school wifi.

The cheapest subscription with t-mobile was $50 and that's too much. Apparently there's a $30 promotion with Walmart that's hidden and requires so much hoop to jump through.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I actually have a suggestion and it fit well for you

Freedom pop https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=6RiFyZp2

And you can add add-ons to make up anything else

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-02-14 06:09 PM
    I actually have a suggestion and it fit well for you

Freedom pop https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Cl101cGK

And you can add add-ons to make up anything else

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Thanks for that. I already came across this a while back. Unfortunately that's a no go as it's forces phones /tablets that I don't fancy on me and frankly makes my bb10 device useless.

10-02-14 06:38 PM
    What hoops do you mean?
    Buy a prepaid sim starter pack of the correct size at Tmobile or at retail Prepaid Phones | Pay as You Go Prepaid Cell Phones | T-Mobile

Enter the info and choose the $30 plan here https://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/ActivateCodes.aspx
    Enjoy your $30 plan. Make sure your coverage and call quality is good and then call 1-877-789-3106 and port your number.
    10-02-14 06:53 PM
    What hoops do you mean?
    Buy a prepaid sim starter pack of the correct size at Tmobile or at retail Prepaid Phones | Pay as You Go Prepaid Cell Phones | T-Mobile

Enter the info and choose the $30 plan here Unsupported Browser
    Enjoy your $30 plan. Make sure your coverage and call quality is good and then call 1-877-789-3106 and port your number.
    I'm allowed to port my number? Also I read on the Walmart reviews that I have to have a specific t-mobile number. I have an unlocked z10 from Verizon that currently works with t-mobile. Appreciate your response

10-02-14 06:55 PM
    I'm allowed to port my number? Also I read on the Walmart reviews that I have to have a specific t-mobile number. I have an unlocked z10 from Verizon that currently works with t-mobile. Appreciate your response

You have to sign up for a new number furnished by Tmobile to your area code but yes you can port a number later. Its good to do it this way anyway cause Tmobile coverage can vary outside of urban areas so check it out thoroughly before you port.
    10-02-14 06:58 PM
    You have to sign up for a new number furnished by Tmobile to your area code but yes you can port a number later. Its good to do it this way anyway cause Tmobile coverage can vary outside of urban areas so check it out thoroughly before you port.
    By "check it out" do you suppose this new service has a lesser quality of coverage than the regular t-mobile coverage? Because if it's the regular one still I'd be completely fine with what they have since that's what I'm already overpaying for anyways.

Beggars can't be chosers ( literally) . Again appreciate taking the time to answer

10-02-14 07:08 PM
    By "check it out" do you suppose this new service has a lesser quality of coverage than the regular t-mobile coverage? Because if it's the regular one still I'd be completely fine with what they have since that's what I'm already overpaying for anyways.

Beggars can't be chosers ( literally) . Again appreciate taking the time to answer

Prepaid doesn't have roaming agreements but for regular Tmobile coverage its the same as contract plans.
    10-02-14 07:12 PM
    There was a article (advertisement) on Cb about this topic today

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-02-14 07:19 PM
    My recommendation is to use an app like Whatsapp that will save you on texting.

The other option is to use Google Voice/Hangouts, which offers you a free phone number you can use to text as much as you want.
    10-02-14 07:31 PM
    If u have an unlocked Verizon phone it should work on Boost. They've got a $35 plan now but I'm not sure if that works with a BlackBerry, but if not there's a $40 BlackBerry version.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:45 PM
    If u have an unlocked Verizon phone it should work on Boost. They've got a $35 plan now but I'm not sure if that works with a BlackBerry, but if not there's a $40 BlackBerry version.

Posted via CB10
    Boost works with sprint not Verizon

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    lift likes this.
    10-02-14 08:27 PM