Just wondering how do you all prefer to use the WiFi? Basically leave it on or off? I tend to leave mines on so when i come home my connection EDGE switches to UMA automatically which is a convenience for me. I know some people say leaving the WiFi on will drain the battery, but surprisingly its not drastically draining at all for me. weird? i guess.
    09-27-10 06:33 PM
    I guess if you have access to wi-fi at work as well, it wouldn't drain the battery since it would be connecting to that wi-fi without straining itself. I am also assuming you might have it on 'wi-fi preferred'.

I don't get cellular signal at work & cannot connect to wi-fi AND I don't switch off radio connections (in the hope whenever I step outside, I would atleast get pending notifications/VMs), my battery barely lasts two days.
    09-27-10 07:06 PM
    yeah actually my settings are on "wifi preferred" but choosing which mobile network options affect how the long the battery last?
    09-27-10 08:43 PM
    Wifi at home, ALWAYS. The phone is on the charger whenever it's not clipped to my belt. No reason NOT to charge it.

At work, phone is off except during lunch or breaks. Suspended while I'm driving and not using GPS services.
    09-28-10 02:46 AM
    WiFi preferred here too as I connect to it at home and at work.

Like the above poster, mine is on charge as soon as I get home as it doubles as my desk clock - Flip Style
    09-28-10 02:58 AM
    Thanks to Crackberry, I have WiFi Hero. It automatically turns my WiFi on and off as I leave my house. This helps save battery life. Otherwise I would generally turn it off then I left and on when I came back. However, I do have "Single Profile Scanning" enabled so it won't search much while I'm not in range.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 10:58 AM
    ive heard of that app wifi hero. is it free though? also where would that single profile scanning option be?
    09-28-10 04:43 PM
    I leave mine on all the time and actually get good battery life.Just seems easier than turning on and off all the time.
    09-28-10 07:27 PM