I have a Z30 and the geofencing does not work..

Really wanted to be able to have it shut off my Cellular when I went out to a friends when I went out for a visit - 4 hrs at his house with no cell my battery is almost dead - I paid 3.99 for this app thinking that I would be able to set up a geofence for his house.

FAIL.

Have really no other use for Power Tool

01-25-16 11:45 AM
    What's wrong with using the radio button to turn cellular off?

Really wanted to be able to have it shut off my Cellular when I went out to a friends when I went out for a visit
    5. Geofencing - Setup Location to change Sound Notification and system volume when you Enter and Leave a physical location. This is perfect Home, Work and social events.
    01-25-16 12:00 PM
    So, it wasn't misleading you just bought it without researching if it could what you wanted it to do.

The only fail is your in-ability to ask around or ask the dev for confirmation.
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 01-25-16 at 01:03 PM.
    01-25-16 12:01 PM
    01-25-16 01:23 PM
    You are 100% correct. I did not research enough to see if the App actually did what I wanted it to do.

Now that we know who is completely at fault here does anyone know of an app that will turn off my cell when I go to a specific location.

I currently do turn off via setting but the odd time I forget and would like it to be automated if possible

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 10:35 AM
    You are 100% correct. I did not research enough to see if the App actually did what I wanted it to do.

Now that we know who is completely at fault here does anyone know of an app that will turn off my cell when I go to a specific location.

I currently do turn off via setting but the odd time I forget and would like it to be automated if possible

Posted via CB10
    I have linked the Dev's thread within your thread, please ask your questions there.
    01-26-16 10:37 AM
    To my knowledge BB10 does not allow third party apps to control the radio power status, not even for WiFi.

Your best bet is to get yourself a tasteful NFC sticker, program it using the BB10 Smart Tags app, and then stick it on your friend's door. Hopefully you'll see it when you visit and remember to scan.
    01-26-16 10:54 AM
    To my knowledge BB10 does not allow third party apps to control the radio power status, not even for WiFi.

Your best bet is to get yourself a tasteful NFC sticker, program it using the BB10 Smart Tags app, and then stick it on your friend's door. Hopefully you'll see it when you visit and remember to scan.
    That's the problem... BlackBerry hasn't allowed developers to access some features that you would think they would allow.

You can turn a lot of things off, but your data networks... Cellular or even Wi-Fi are not things that BlackBerry has allowed.

I really like Power Tool's geofencing capabilities... to change profiles mainly. I had hoped that we would get the ability to turn off Wi-Fi... but that's been years now.
    01-26-16 02:54 PM
    Miss Lead?

As in Lead Foot...? Is she civilized? ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-26-16 02:58 PM