Hello all, I'm new here but this seems like the best place to ask questions...

I'm looking into buying a Curve 8320. The buyer says the phone is unlocked and good to go for ATT users. I have an ATT sim card in my old Nokia. So I assume just switching SIMs is all it takes for initial setup (calls/text)?

My other question was about data usage. If the phone is already unlocked, will I need to call ATT or make manual configurations to get it online?

Thanks
    05-26-09 10:50 PM
    In order to use the internet, you'll need to add the BB personal for $30. That way you have unlimited internet usage (including email). However, I'd make sure that the serial number is clean and most importantly that the pin is released. Otherwise you may run into some issues setting up email.
    05-26-09 10:52 PM
    All you'll need to do once you insert your SIM card is to make sure that you're on a BlackBerry data plan. You should be good to go after that, and the phone should be working properly. Btw, before you go through with the deal, if you're meeting the seller, to check if it's really unlocked, go to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card > type in "MEPD" (it won't show that you're typing anything) > and then next to Network it should say Disabled if it truly is unlocked.

Good luck!
    05-26-09 10:52 PM
    So, worst-case scenario, I have to get the unlock codes manually if the guy didn't properly unlock it?

I should have mentioned the data plan. I was going to add this to my rate plan as soon as I made my purchase. This is the $30 data plan for unlimited messaging. Does anyone know if that $30 data plan includes text messages. Because I'm paying $15 for 1500 a month now.
    Last edited by bear84; 05-27-09 at 04:35 AM.
    05-27-09 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD