Yea sometimes I feel like its the same questions that get asked over and over and once one person answers.. There's no real point in saying the same things over and over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 11:41 AM
    Hey All, I'm totally open to changing these up...or at least the God ones...

i made a post on this a while back (i think it was on adlen's 1000 posts in two months thread, which i can't seem to find when searching for it now).

i think we'll leave the post count steps as is - per what nav said earlier on the thread if starting again over i might have spaced out the milestones a bit differently, but i do think we're kinda stuck with that now.

so yeah... should we take a vote is it King? King of Kings? And Queen and Queen of Queens?

I do like Grand Poobah of Posts a lot too. Or do we leave the same?

I don't want to make this decision..you guys figure it out and let me know! Community Decision
    03-18-08 11:45 AM
    Yeah, and we all know which gods are the "hi welcome" gods vs those that actually post helpful answers.

03-18-08 11:52 AM
    I've got a ways to go...
    03-18-08 11:56 AM
    eh, i like it the way it is.

even though i love the princess in your icon, Hal, i don't want that as my rank lol
    03-18-08 11:58 AM

i made a post on this a while back (i think it was on adlen's 1000 posts in two months thread, which i can't seem to find when searching for it now).

i think we'll leave the post count steps as is - per what nav said earlier on the thread if starting again over i might have spaced out the milestones a bit differently, but i do think we're kinda stuck with that now.

so yeah... should we take a vote is it King? King of Kings? And Queen and Queen of Queens?

I do like Grand Poobah of Posts a lot too. Or do we leave the same?

I don't want to make this decision..you guys figure it out and let me know! Community Decision

I've already got King in my name, I like Grand Poobah Of The Berry!
    03-18-08 12:02 PM
    Can't wait to be a god still have a lot to go though.

03-18-08 12:16 PM
    I'm learning as I go, helping/meeting as many people as I can and not worry about the numbers.
    03-18-08 12:18 PM
    Kevin, the thread was called Adlen: Official CrackBerry Master and it was in the BB Discussion. Unless a Mod deleted it.

Can you do a different King/Queen/King of Kings/Queen of Queens without giving all the males or all the females custom titles? If you can that'd be cool
    03-18-08 02:56 PM
    I have so far to go to move up in "status" that I don't have to be concerned with it for quite a while!!!!!!
    03-18-08 03:09 PM
    I personally think it should only be the first member that hit 1000 post that should have a special title.....
    03-18-08 03:23 PM
    GoDJ - you're just jealous 'cause you've been here over a year and you're still an 'Addict'
    I have GOD in my name anyway Hahaha! See below...

i made a post on this a while back (i think it was on adlen's 1000 posts in two months thread
    03-18-08 03:23 PM
    You may have GOD in your name but you won't be King if it gets changed!
    03-18-08 03:48 PM
    i like the grand poobah of posts idea LOL

AND YES, most people have a gazillion posts just from saying "hi welcome to cb" on every thread in the crackberry newbies forum LOL
    03-18-08 05:35 PM
    check out the top
    03-18-08 05:46 PM
    I personally think it should only be the first member that hit 1000 post that should have a special title.....
    yeah but wouldnt that just promote junk posts?
    03-18-08 05:51 PM
    I try not to post junk (that's for the Off-Topic (no posts counted)) but I will welcome newbies to be nice.

03-18-08 07:13 PM
    i cannot believe adlen is 22 from 1,500! lol
    03-18-08 07:22 PM
    I can't believe either, time flies!

03-18-08 07:52 PM
    is this awkward, but i would rather be something other than god too, and i'm nowhere near an atheist lol... not that i will EVER have that many posts. i mean.. really.

i don't need no stinkin forum title to tell me i'm a crackberry abuser!
    03-18-08 08:01 PM
    Hmm..Ok, so maybe the solution here is this:

When somebody reaches the current "CrackBerry God" or "CrackBerry God of Gods" status it becomes user decided. It's not every single day that someone is reaching these milestones, so I don't mind manually overriding the auto post count names for an occasion like that.

So then you could be a Princess, King, Grand Poobah or whatever...heck, you could even be a Newbie again if you wanted to, or decide to have no title - go for that understated look. Obviously would need to keep the titles clean, within reason, and not too overboard/etc. Keep em fun.

Keep in mind post titles are a fun thing. Like it was said above...you don't need a forum to say you're a CrackBerry Addict...haha..I know we're all addicts here.

I've been checking out some of the forum options/plugins we can get too...maybe in the near future we'll have a Thank You button/system in place, so the forums recognize both volume of posts (current system) as well as helpfulness of posts.

some more food for thought anyways...
    03-18-08 08:19 PM
    How about crackberry deity
    Oh or better yet
    "Cracklord"
    Wow I like that! I'm gonna start calling myself "cracklord" from now on

03-18-08 09:26 PM
    Hmm..Ok, so maybe the solution here is this:

When somebody reaches the current "CrackBerry God" or "CrackBerry God of Gods" status it becomes user decided. It's not every single day that someone is reaching these milestones, so I don't mind manually overriding the auto post count names for an occasion like that.

So then you could be a Princess, King, Grand Poobah or whatever...heck, you could even be a Newbie again if you wanted to, or decide to have no title - go for that understated look. Obviously would need to keep the titles clean, within reason, and not too overboard/etc. Keep em fun.

Keep in mind post titles are a fun thing. Like it was said above...you don't need a forum to say you're a CrackBerry Addict...haha..I know we're all addicts here.

I've been checking out some of the forum options/plugins we can get too...maybe in the near future we'll have a Thank You button/system in place, so the forums recognize both volume of posts (current system) as well as helpfulness of posts.

some more food for thought anyways...
    great ideas, kevin
    03-18-08 09:34 PM

That could get very interesting & entertaining!

Great thoughts Kevin!
    03-18-08 09:42 PM
    You can take the "God" out of my post status... I never liked that either, not because I am an aetheist, but quite the opposite.
    03-18-08 10:08 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD