I just noticed something and would love an explanation. When replying to a post there is several boxes. In decending order they are:
    Title
    Trackback

below the "trackback" box depending on what post you are responding to
    there can be a list titled "Already pinged"...what the heck is this??
    posting a screen shot in the General forum-What does your blackberry look like- quite long list of http://addresses, but in other forum section when replying to a post there may be none listed.

Could someone explain what this is....what is trackback and why are there address listed in some and not others? Is this OK or should we be concerned??
    04-21-11 02:21 PM
    elizabeth, i did some looking around and came across this page with the "techie terms" lol.

http://forums.crackberry.com/misc.ph...cks#trackbacks

now, what exactly all of it means, I don't understand completely. You can't turn them off, they are set by CB. I think these trackback and pingback have to do with links we post, ie. a link to Themes In Motion for bw sets i posted in a reply for someone, and the site verifies that its not a spam type link and TIM's will get notification that a link was posted here to go to them... Something like that.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-21-11 at 03:21 PM.
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    04-21-11 02:57 PM
    Ha Ha P1nk, clear as mud eeh? You go girl, thanks for that research. That is what I should have done.
    Too funny and I think your are right, it looks like the ping, trackback etc. is alerting/notifying other sites to posts or topics on Crackberry not to our personal per say communication. Interestingly enough when responding to this post there are no web address listed. When you look at the web addresses listed under the trackback box as in the general forum on posting your screen shot the list is interesting. Some are quite off topic to the particular forum.
    How do you ask a moderator?
    04-21-11 03:41 PM
    Ha Ha P1nk, clear as mud eeh? You go girl, thanks for that research. That is what I should have done.
    Too funny and I think your are right, it looks like the ping, trackback etc. is alerting/notifying other sites to posts or topics on Crackberry not to our personal per say communication. Interestingly enough when responding to this post there are no web address listed. When you look at the web addresses listed under the trackback box as in the general forum on posting your screen shot the list is interesting. Some are quite off topic to the particular forum.
    How do you ask a moderator?
    I lol'd at that comment, "clear as mud!"

As for the trackback/ping thing, yes i think you will only see this in posts like screen shots. I'm not 100% sure though. and no, nothing with our personal info.

How do you get a mod to explain? hmmm...good question! Hopefully one of them will see this thread and give an explanation subscribe to the thread and wait for a response!
    04-21-11 04:29 PM
    Elizabeth, if you go to Ramblings thread, where you posted this before, Wulf has included all the research for you.

If you have more questions, I'm sure he could help you.
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    04-22-11 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD