Not sure how I feel about this I love BB but, the practical functionality of BB cannot compare to droid, all that I have read is leading me to believe that. Without a major overhaul such as flash video support, poss. App running from mem card etc. BB will be bowing to Droid in a short time, am I over reacting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 05:55 AM
    I personally think you are over reacting, Driod, has some fun stuff it looks like, and hopefully my iPod Touch replacement will be a Driod media player. but as far as my work and my play phones, Driod does not offer me what BB does, the wireless sync via BES is beautiful, with the exception of truncating emails, viewing an email is much nicer on my BB than on my ipod touch, or netbook, it looks clean and focuses on the txt content non of this silly fonts, or stupid signature pictures that come along with emails,

Driod may very well surpass BB on the consumer end, if they haven't already, but I do not want a landscape slider phone or touch phone for my everyday business phone, I need 1 hand not looking operation.
    05-21-10 06:11 AM
    I don't really use my berry biz wise, therefore with what you are saying I may be better off with the droid? I am torn I love bb but droid I'd looking better and better for my usage, is anyone else having this dilemma? I don't have a "play phone" either so the mass of functionality lacking on bb and found on droid, is a major factor.

05-21-10 06:30 AM
    I have thought about getting the Incredible over the Bold 9650 at times but whichever way I go I will still keep my 8330 .

So far my 8330 had done everything I wanted it to so the 9650 should be even better but sometimes I daydream about the Incredible but since but since neither phone is available today at least I got more time to think about ,lol.Vzw hasnt released the 9650 yet and the Incredible is on backorder, could be as late as june before get incredible gets shipped regularly because of high demand.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-21-10 at 06:35 AM.
    05-21-10 06:30 AM
    Yea I have an 8330 and it is the best phone I have had, but again it is lacking in comparison, I mean app functionality, flash support, processor speeds, and a few other things as far as operation, additionally the screen size, memory/ ram, I don't know like I said I'm torn....

05-21-10 06:37 AM
    Just wondering... when you came up with the genius idea for a thread did you really think you were the only one?
    05-21-10 08:56 AM
    im torn too. been using a blackberry for 3 years now. love my bbm and ease of emailing on the go. im on sprint...ready for an ugrade...currecntly have had the 9630...was considering the 9650...but i have an urge to pre-order an htc evo...i hear and read so many great things of android os. i want to be able to browse the web fast/with an awesome browser. when im at home in bed watching tv...i have 2 devices with me...my blackberry and my ipod touch...i use bb to email/bbm/txt and ipod touch to surf the web via wifi. so i dont know...i know i have 30 days to try it out...but i have a feeling im gonna miss my bb too much...maybe ill wait and see...the htv evo can be all just hype...or maybe not
    05-21-10 10:40 AM
    No pi I didn't think I was the only one just looking for others input, that is what forums are for right? Next time you post you should prob. Attempt to be helpful, not pretentious.

05-21-10 12:48 PM
    No pi I didn't think I was the only one just looking for others input, that is what forums are for right? Next time you post you should prob. Attempt to be helpful, not pretentious.

i second that
    05-21-10 12:56 PM
    How about asking other question:

What holding you from moving from BB to Android ?

Maybe we got some info, such as:
    BB is better handling email> Android need to see, learn and Improve next version.
    BB have better compression> I believe it is not big problems.
    BBM > Android have YM, GTalk, Etc. we need to think/ ask why they want BBM more than other ?
    and others

By doing this, we can learn to Improve Android, so more people will love it and use it. just my 2c. CMIIW
    05-21-10 01:25 PM
    Dumping my storm 1 today actually for android. 4.2mb is killing me.

05-21-10 01:28 PM
    Android is already taking the consumer market won't be long till it does business.. BB os is old and unstable and dont tell me battery pulls each day is stability... I dont even have to do that on my Samsung Moment.. Android phones usualy have better hardware which cut the lag unlike a BB's 4 minute boot time.. I switched from a 8330 and never looked back and never will go back to RIM unless Android for some reason failed..

Push email is getting on Android soon and even BB won;t hold that to offer has its only true benifit..
    05-21-10 02:27 PM
    I had that problem, but when the 9650 was finally announced, the specs weren't there for me. I want a phone more for media, and ocassionaly to check my e-mail. My primary email address is a gmail account now, so I don't have to worry about that. So nothing really impresses me about the 9650. I preordered my EVO the second I could, and will be there the day and time my Best Buy opens, ready to activate my EVO and enjoy the experience. I like everything I've seen and heard. The $10 fee doesn't make me want it less, and I will get the Hot Spot Feauture until the phone is rooted and I can use another form of tethering. My BB 8330m served me well, but I can't wait to leave it. I've had nothing but frustrations with it. I only use my BB for 2 things now, Windows Live Messenger and Music. I want to browse the net, but I can't with the crappy Browser and I don't really like Bolt or Opera. But there is so many things I want my BB to do, but it doesn't. I have it completely stripped of many applications, just so it can survive until I get my EVO and I don't use BBM, I don't even have it installed. I was torn, but when it was officially announced, I was hoping for a couple of surprises, nothing the 9650 offer is worth it to me. While some like it, I won't, and I'm ready to move on to the EVO, but that's just me.

05-21-10 02:45 PM
    Long time BB user here but switching to Droid Incredible in July when my upgrade is available
    05-21-10 03:57 PM
    More research needed.

05-21-10 05:14 PM
    Well I really thought I would hold out for the Storm 3. I'm using my Storm 1 now but I'm being tempted by the Incredible. It has so much to offer over my Storm 1. If I knew more about the S3 capabilities not just rumors it would help me make my decision.
    05-21-10 05:47 PM
    I would switch to the Incredible or HTC Evo anyday if it werent for my contract. Once its up, mark my word, im switching to Android.

Blackberry is nice only for email, the rest is boring, slow, underpowered and uninteresting.
    05-21-10 06:11 PM
    Well I really thought I would hold out for the Storm 3. I'm using my Storm 1 now but I'm being tempted by the Incredible. It has so much to offer over my Storm 1. If I knew more about the S3 capabilities not just rumors it would help me make my decision.
    If you have the will power to hold out until the end of the year, more power to you. But I jumped from Storm 2 to the Incredible after using it in the store and seeing a friend of mine's phone. I won't regret the move.
    05-21-10 06:18 PM
    I personally think you are over reacting, Driod, has some fun stuff it looks like, and hopefully my iPod Touch replacement will be a Driod media player. but as far as my work and my play phones, Driod does not offer me what BB does, the wireless sync via BES is beautiful, with the exception of truncating emails, viewing an email is much nicer on my BB than on my ipod touch, or netbook, it looks clean and focuses on the txt content non of this silly fonts, or stupid signature pictures that come along with emails,

Driod may very well surpass BB on the consumer end, if they haven't already, but I do not want a landscape slider phone or touch phone for my everyday business phone, I need 1 hand not looking operation.
    I agree my BB is a toy and is not used for business purposes..

05-21-10 07:23 PM
    I'm torn between the 9650 and the Incredible. I was going to switch to the Incredible a few weeks ago, but it's currently on back order. Since I have to wait, I decided to wait for the 9650 to come out so I could test it. It seems that both phones have a few issues based on posts I've read. I thought about the Moto Droid, but I'm not a fan of the design of the phone, nor the physical keyboard.
    I'm still undecided.

05-21-10 08:13 PM
    Paid full retail for the Incredible, and it is the best mobile device decision I've ever made.

Storm2 was good... but, this thing suits my wants and needs to a "T"!
    05-21-10 09:09 PM
    I will have had my BB 8330 for a year and 3 months when the EVO comes out and I am so excited to get my new phone. This was my first BB and I was so excited and at times I still enjoy it. But I HATE that RIM can't get their act together to make the apps I use the most work right ALL the time. I use FB, Yahoo and Yahoo Messenger. Messenger used to send me my offline messages, now instead they get lost in cyberspace and I have missed a few REALLY important ones. Just three days ago I had to call and ask my dad what he was talking about because I FINALLY got a status update on my phone from a post he made back in JANUARY...WTH...that is crazy. It happens all the time. The phone is also slow, and now after over a year of connecting with no problems to my Bluetooth, all of a sudden today it decides it hates the bluetooth in my car. I am so OVER this phone and am praying I like the new EVO.
    05-22-10 04:28 AM
    More research needed.

Android 2.2 OS will be coming out soon (it was announced at Google I O this week) and the Moto Droid is the only phone that will get it at launch. HTC will have to rebuild it for their devices to accommodate the Sense UI.

Meanwhile the Droid 2/Shadow is slated to launch in July and there is another unnamed device dropping in Dec.

LG just recalled the Ally for a touchscreen problem and delayed the launch, while the keyboard is fantastic the cpu is slow and will probably not handle flash too well.

Check out androidcentral.com, there is a ton of info there
    05-22-10 06:36 AM
    I'm torn between the 9650 and the Incredible. I was going to switch to the Incredible a few weeks ago, but it's currently on back order. Since I have to wait, I decided to wait for the 9650 to come out so I could test it. It seems that both phones have a few issues based on posts I've read. I thought about the Moto Droid, but I'm not a fan of the design of the phone, nor the physical keyboard.
    I'm still undecided.

Well for what it's worth, my sister went in to look at Android phones at Verison and was told they had recalled thousands of Incredibles for some defect. Not sure what. That said, I have to say that Android is just a better (and more entertaining) OS than Blackberry. BB's still serve a very useful purpose but it really depends on what you need and want. Much as I loved my BB, I found true happiness with my Android phone. Not sure I could ever go back now.
    05-22-10 07:16 AM
    Not sure how I feel about this I love BB but, the practical functionality of BB cannot compare to droid, all that I have read is leading me to believe that. Without a major overhaul such as flash video support, poss. App running from mem card etc. BB will be bowing to Droid in a short time, am I over reacting?

Simply, android phones are entertainment phones and blackberry are business phones with entertainment apps. I honestly don't feel I could trust my Droid when I need it for Business features here in the future, more specifically email related things, but it is an amazing device for entertainment. Most of the entertainment things I use can be done on a BB without a problem and they are far more reliable.

I will be going back to BB after this phone.
    05-22-10 12:53 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD