I've solved my prob of having no wifi! but I noticed something. I can use the internet browser(actually I'm on bb right now at crackberrys website! ) But I cannot go online in ym,fb, ubertwitter for bb, why so? :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 06:27 AM
    Any error messages show up when attempting to enter ?
    09-29-10 07:47 AM
    Those apps do not work on WiFi
    09-29-10 08:04 AM
    For ubertwitter: it just states "retrieving" but that's about it. it won't retrieve any of my friends latest tweets.
    for ym: when i sign in, it really takes a while signing in and this message pops up "Connection Error(65): Problem receiving from the server.
    for fb: We cannot reach facebook server at this time.(100)

That's odd because I can use web browser and player for youtube
    09-29-10 08:10 AM
    Fubaz; for real? :O So I can only tweet by manually going to twitter.com through browser. How about ym?
    09-29-10 08:11 AM
    Meant to ask, do you at all, have a data plan (correct me if I asked you before)? Have you tried calling the carrier about it not working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 03:09 PM
    I guess I have a data plan. I availed of one promo of my carrier(globe) 3 days ago called supersurf. It could gain me access to internet for 1 day for 50php. It worked! I could use ubertwitter, facebook for bb and the like. But when I use wifi, (it already had a check mark on it) i could only use browser and I also tried bb app world over wifi, it also works smoothly
    09-29-10 07:01 PM
    I think those might only work through WiFi if you have a data plan. When the phone connects to the internet via WiFi it still makes a connection to the BIS servers. I think the only thing you can do with WiFi and no data plan is use the hotspot browser to browse the internet.
    09-30-10 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD