I currently USB sync to my laptop outlook. I also have a seperate exchange account. Could I do wireless sync with that also and get info passed from the USB sync over to my other exchange server.

thanks
    01-29-09 10:31 PM
    Not at the same time. Wireless synch via BES disables USB synching. It is possible to temporarily disable wireless synch in a normally OTA-synched app and synch it via USB.
    01-30-09 07:46 PM
    To do the process above. you enable wireless sync on your BES, then when you want to do the USB sync go to options > advanced options > service books > locate and delete Desktop [Sync] then connect your device, perform the sync, then go to options > advanced options > service books > menu > undelete
    01-30-09 07:49 PM
    Sith,
    Does your technique keep you from getting warning messages about possibly losing data when you re-enable OTA? I've done a USB synch simply by turning off OTA synch and ignoring the error messages, because I knew what I was doing would not create an error.
    01-30-09 08:00 PM
    if you delete the service book the device doesnt see ANY wireless sync, and shouldnt give the error. That service book identifies the capability for the sync.
    01-30-09 08:04 PM
    That's good to know. And in case it's helpful to the OP, I was synching via USB to synch pictures in the Address Book with pictures in Outlook Contacts. BES doesn't synch pictures between Contacts and the Address Book.
    01-30-09 08:14 PM
    I've had a 9930 for less than a week. I was syncing to my Mac Address Book with USB and worked perfectly with pictures, etc. However, I tried USB sync last night and the mac does not see anything -- nor does the phone do anything except beep. I just got added to my company's BES server, so I wonder if that is the cause.

I did delete Desktop [Sync] and USB sync still does not work. I think I'll keep that disabled as I will never sync my address book to Outlook and everything elese seems to work

BTW, just love this phone and the Blackberry experience after coming off a string of Palm Treos, Pre, Pixis, and Pre 2.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?
    11-18-11 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD