hi guys i got a blackberry as a replacement today from a retail store its a 9360 it had on the box a warranty sticker from my network (vodafone) which was cut but then had another "fresh" warraty sticker placed over it (wondering if when returned to store it was opened to check contents then resealed), and on the side of the box a new blackberry sticker with all the details imei - pin ect...on it, over the top of an old sticker with different information on it from like a different device. the phone its self and the contents were all sealed and had the stickers on the phone ect..

does this sound like a refurb because the phone is in MINT condition as new but the sticker issues just made me wonder, do RIM wipe the pin off a broken device and flash a new one and repalce the stickers ect.. or something?

thanks
    08-31-12 11:34 AM
    I don't think as a general rule refurbished devices are sent to stores to be resold and if they are I would think they would have to be clearly marked as such.

What you are probably seeing is a device sold as an "open box" item. That is it was purchased, opened, returned, inspected and subsequently restocked on the shelves.

Just curious, was the device sold at full or reduced price?
    08-31-12 12:33 PM
    it was a replacement for a phone thats been in repair but they was taking to long to repair so they said i could have a replacement and thats what i got i was just worried about the information stickers being stuck over other information stickers and a seal on the box being put over a already broken seal
    08-31-12 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD