Would anyone know if it is possible to recover old call and text logs ? I deleted them without thinking. Are there any companies that could recover but for a price ?
    08-04-13 10:07 PM
    Would anyone know if it is possible to recover old call and text logs ? I deleted them without thinking. Are there any companies that could recover but for a price ?
    Gone. That's what good BlackBerry security is for
    08-04-13 10:21 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I have read that for the apple smart phones it's possible to recover using a special app. Is this possible with the Blackberry Bold 9900 ? Also can a third party company not perform a data recovery so long as the data has not been overwritten ?

Thanks again.

Victor
    Last edited by Victor43; 08-05-13 at 04:08 PM. Reason: add additional infomation
    08-05-13 03:50 PM
    Hello apparently there is a debug log that keeps track of phone logs but the number dialed out is partially shown and not in it's entirety. To access hold down the alt button and then press LGLG on the keypad. The debug log contains all sorts of messages. Another method I have read is switch to the Text Message window or app and once there hold down alt key and then press the P key
    The Debug Log Stores your BlackBerry Phone Call History
    Last edited by Victor43; 08-06-13 at 04:48 PM. Reason: update inaccurate information
    08-06-13 12:51 PM
    The company Cellebrite makes equipment that might be able to recover deleted data that hasn't been overwritten. Some cell phone stores might even have this equipment on site. Maybe you could find one that has it and ask for some help. It's forensic equipment used by forensic labs, so the cell phone store might only have a basic model and not the super-duper model that does everything. Also, I would think your carrier could just give you a copy of all your call and text logs. One more option is if you made any BlackBerry Desktop Software backups for the time period in question before you deleted your logs. The backups would have the logs, and you could simply selectively restore them.
    08-06-13 04:46 PM
    Many thanks for the reply. Very helpful information indeed. I will speak with my cell company to see what they can offer with respect to lost call logs. The call logs that I deleted accidentally were not entirely backed up. I will research the Cellebrite company you have pointed out thanks. Really appreciate the reply.
    Last edited by Victor43; 08-08-13 at 06:05 PM.
    08-07-13 01:30 PM
    On the same topic here.

Is there a way to view call log history. For example, I'd like to see the duration of calls I've made(individually) like on BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 01:53 PM
    First, to answer your question and I can only speak for Verizon, but if I go online I can a detail of every incoming and outgoing call, text message, and email address. Its just a list of numbers, dates, times, minutes per call.

However this leads to something a lot of people don't know that actually is quite important. No matter what you delete, whether text, phone call, contact or do a full security wipe, it is not "technically" deleted from your phone. The files are simply being hidden and a signal is sent to the OS that it is okay to write over that space if necessary. Therefore, technically until you max your phone it doesn't start actually writing over the old data you wiped and thus the right person with the right knowledge could get what you need.

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    08-10-13 02:07 PM
    Hello apparently there is a debug log that keeps track of phone logs but the number dialed out is partially shown and not in it's entirety. To access hold down the alt button and then press LGLG on the keypad. The debug log contains all sorts of messages. Another method I have read is switch to the Text Message window or app and once there hold down alt key and then press the P key
    The Debug Log Stores your BlackBerry Phone Call History
    Hey, FYI- ALT+LGLG is also a great way to speed up a legacy device. BlackBerry recommends clearing your log files monthly and it definitely isn't harmful. You just hit ALT+LGLG and then the delete key and select yes. You will be left with 2 logs that are required. Obviously if your are not familiar with this process and are worried about losing anything then don't go near this one, but if your just a regular BlackBerry user looking to clean up the device and speed it up, it works well. Doesn't work for the Q10 unfortunately or at least I haven't found a way to do it

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    08-10-13 02:12 PM