wait, do you mean to tell me that a device that is announced 6 months later has the same/better technology for less money?!

THIS IS MADNESS YOU SPEAK OF, SIR!! AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!!

I shall start a facebook group to protest the advancement of technology. Bring us back the old brick cellphones.
    04-26-10 03:46 PM
    Huh oh...now you're talking SERIOUS stuff..COFFEE! While you can still buy percolator type pots, I for the life of me, am clueless as to why anyone would want one. Boiling cofee? <shudder> C'mon man, you gotta give coffee a little love.

This is something I have a big issue with. Example being the coffeepot i have in my kitchen, I paid 20$ for it @ target about 2 years ago, I take care of it, but it will eventually have a problem that is more resource intensive to fix than just buy another one, while I know that if I had the old percolator pot my father used when I was growing up, it would still be working just fine.

With computers its not that big of a deal for me, because its easy for me to migrate to a new phone/laptop without much hassle.
    04-26-10 03:47 PM
    Huh oh...now you're talking SERIOUS stuff..COFFEE! While you can still buy percolator type pots, I for the life of me, am clueless as to why anyone would want one. Boiling cofee? <shudder> C'mon man, you gotta give coffee a little love.
    I know I wouldn't brew with a percolator now, I was just making a point about the design of things. I could have gone the car route, but I had a feeling that most folks here live on coffee.
    04-26-10 03:52 PM
    I shall start a facebook group to protest the advancement of technology. Bring us back the old brick cellphones.
    Talking of old vs. new, I still have a Motorola Startac from about 1999, I think, that still works perfectly. Only problem is that the sim is the size of a credit card! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 04:26 PM
    Seems to be some confusion here. First, VZW (Big Red) DOES have WiFi enabled devices...I'm on VZW, with a Storm 2 and have WiFi. I think the OP's point is that the NEW, 9650, advertised with WiFi, only has WiFi G and B, not the newer, N standard. Oddly though, the lower ranked Pearl, does. That does seem kinda weird.

As to the question about CDMA, I see you're on Vodaphone, which uses GSM. CDMA is a different network technology and is used here in the US by both Verizon and Sprint, while T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM (as does much of Europe).
    LOL i forgot about the s2 i guess cuz it's not getting alot of buzz... but seriously the next phone to replace the 9700 with be better then the 9650 so i wouldn't rant about 512mb from the pictures on BGR the 9650 has the same form factor as a tour but the looks of the 9700, i also found it weird that the 9100 has wifi n
    Last edited by sfjon918; 04-26-10 at 04:43 PM.
    04-26-10 04:39 PM
    I'm still unsure that with Wireless N, we'd see a big boost in speed. Perhaps in the range, but not speed, I wouldn't think.

I find G-wireless to be fine, personally, for media. I stream a LOT over that and there is no buffering. Loading web pages is really fast too.
    04-26-10 06:09 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD