new to bb phones, first post.

i searched but wasn't able to find any info on this. i want to be able to put a password protection on some, but not all, of my folders. for example if someone else picks up my 9700 and goes to look in my Media folder. I want it to ask for a password in order to access it.

ideas?

thanks
    11-26-09 09:58 AM
    btw, i know i can just "hide" the icon, but anyone with a little know-how can click "show all"
    11-26-09 10:14 AM
    There is a recent thread on a 3rd party app that can password protect apps - no sure if it also works on folders. The thread references "beta" but the program is actually now for sale (this week). Check the 3rd party app subforum
    11-26-09 10:52 AM
    Download Safebox 0.0.3 for Blackberry Free Trial - Safebox is a password protection program for your BlackBerry, it enables you to lock specific applications with a password. - Softpedia

Safebox is a password protection program for your BlackBerry, it enables you to lock specific applications with a password.
    You can decide to lock your messages folder, media files, options or any application that has been installed on your BlackBerry.
    11-26-09 11:20 AM
    i'll give that a try. thanks!!
    11-27-09 02:20 PM
    so I downloaded applock instead and can't find it on my bb in order to launch it. it lists it under 3rd-party apps, but i can't find it in my downloads folder or anywhere else!!

where would it have gone?
    11-27-09 03:28 PM
    nm, i didn't finish installing the 2nd part of the application.

works now.
    11-27-09 06:17 PM
    I use Advanced Device Locks. It works really well with my Storm 2. Had Safebox on my Storm 1, but it did not work correctly on my Storm 2.
    11-27-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD