As we are well aware of that the BlackBerry is going to discontinue BlackBerry 10 development, what are the options for BlackBerry users to utilize their handsets.
    The os is going to die someday not in near future but yeah sure someday and we won't only use it for calling and emailing.
    * So can't we just have android os on our phone as BlackBerry 10 and Android both are Unix like based OSes. And we have android runtime too which gives the feeling that yes it's possible.
    Technically, what are the possibilities and If not then why not?????

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by amitshekhar93; 04-23-16 at 04:34 PM.
    04-23-16 03:44 PM
    its not going to happen. Sure android can run on the hardware BUT it would have to be done only by BB and they arent going to do it
    04-23-16 03:45 PM
    its not going to happen. Sure android can run on the hardware BUT it would have to be done only by BB and they arent going to do it
    Why??? Aren't they launching android phones?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 03:52 PM
    why would they? it doesnt make them any money and would cost them money to test and maintain "support" on the older devices. There is no reason for it. You want an android device then by 1 of the 100s out there. You can buy a Priv if you want BB version of android or see if BB actually does release another android device.
    bakron1 and chrisleka like this.
    04-23-16 04:05 PM
    Exactly what howarmat said.

It does not make any sense for BlackBerry to do this as it does not leave them to gain anything at all.

If you want Android on a BlackBerry made device, get the Priv. Or wait and see whatever other devices BlackBerry comes out with later this year. Word is that they will both be 'mid-range' Android devices, one with a physical keyboard and one full touch.
    04-23-16 04:24 PM
    These threads pop up daily. It's never gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 04:28 PM
    Ok BlackBerry won't gain anything from this but I am not asking to provide support n all just if they provide a way to unlock bootloader so that we can install whatever os we want.
    But as a technical enthusiast I wanna know whether is it possible or not?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 04:33 PM
    These threads pop up daily. It's never gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    You didn't get it. I asked about the possibility not if BlackBerry will do it or not. And if not possible, reasons. I am talking much more technical thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 04:36 PM
    You didn't get it. I asked about the possibility not if BlackBerry will do it or not. And if not possible, reasons. I am talking much more technical thing.

Posted via CB10
    Do a search before posting this thread. There's many threads on the same topic.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 04:39 PM
    For your kind information I did and everywhere it said not possible not because BlackBerry don't wanna do it but due to some technical issues I m not much aware of. If you know why then reply only. And that's my question too why not? Reasons...........

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 05:14 PM
    For your kind information I did and everywhere it said not possible not because BlackBerry don't wanna do it but due to some technical issues I m not much aware of. If you know why then reply only. And that's my question too why not? Reasons...........

Posted via CB10
    The hardware. Most BlackBerry devices have the Snapdragon S4 Plus or Pro chipset, This is severely dated when it comes to Android devices. It would be a pain to try to get Android to run smoothly on this hardware.

Also, BlackBerry has put many BlackBerry 10 devices on End of Life (EoL) It would make no sense for BlackBerry to develop Android for devices which they are not actively producing anymore (They are only selling the hardware that they have left, there are no more Z10 devices being produced brand new in their partner's manufacturing plants etc.)
    04-23-16 05:29 PM
    (They are only selling the hardware that they have left, there are no more Z10 devices being produced brand new in their partner's manufacturing plants etc.)
    The last Z10 that came off of the assembly line did so in May of 2013. They haven't been "in production" for 3 years already.

Anyway, BB built checks into the hardware of BB10 phones so that they would only boot up if they had software signed by BB's own encryption keys - which BB is absolutely NOT going to give out to anyone. But that also means that no one else is going to be able to make changes to the OS and load that OS into a BB10 device - only BB can do that, and they aren't going to.
    04-23-16 11:11 PM
    The last Z10 that came off of the assembly line did so in May of 2013. They haven't been "in production" for 3 years already.

Anyway, BB built checks into the hardware of BB10 phones so that they would only boot up if they had software signed by BB's own encryption keys - which BB is absolutely NOT going to give out to anyone. But that also means that no one else is going to be able to make changes to the OS and load that OS into a BB10 device - only BB can do that, and they aren't going to.
    Maybe a petition for that?
    JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    04-23-16 11:19 PM
    By the time BlackBerry fully shuts down BB10 (probably at least a few years out due to existing govt contracts), I'm sure Android being the resource pig it is will require a minimum of 4 GB of RAM and an octo-core CPU to function properly. This type of hardware is already starting to become standard in android devices today.

 C L A S S I C
    04-24-16 12:35 AM
    Not funny! (...OK, maybe a little)
    Uzi likes this.
    04-24-16 06:44 PM
    Do you really think that they care for us........?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know the answer to that question.
    04-27-16 03:44 PM
    I know the answer to that question.
    Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 04:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sarcasm....

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 04:40 PM