is it possible to hide a folder,
    for example lets say you go on a vacation and your friend asks to borrow your bb while your gone, and theres some files that you dont want your friend to see, is it possible to make it so that your the only one who can view those files?

I need this a lot cause a lot of people who see me snoop around on my bb, and it pisses me off when they find my emails and stuff on it, its embarassing.

Please help and thanks
    10-30-08 10:50 PM
    why would you let your friend borrow your BB?
    10-30-08 10:52 PM
    This says pics but I think it will work on other stuff.

Hiding pics: (about 39 40 posts in)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/mak...private-20208/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 10:54 PM
    so heres a simple way

go to media-->menu button--->explore

now find the file you want then hit the menu button--->properties and check hidden now it will be hidden

just hide the folder or pictures you want to hide (never tried with folder only pic)

then once he is done go back into explore hit the menu button and click show hidden find your file go to its properties and uncheck hidden
    10-30-08 11:01 PM
    Thanks to both, sadly none of them helped.
    I tryed your method, jhill3206 but thats only for pics or like music and video, not for folders or like emails. vndlewis that thread is basically useless, cause its packed with spam and flames...

Thanks though..
    10-30-08 11:11 PM
    39-40 posts in are the instructions.

10-30-08 11:12 PM
    what folders are you wanting to hide?
    10-30-08 11:25 PM
    Just do a full backup of your BB using Desktop Manager right before you give it to them. Then wipe it clean so that it has none of your data on it. After they are done using it and you get it back, do a restore and all of your data is back.
    10-31-08 12:18 AM
    Just do a full backup of your BB using Desktop Manager right before you give it to them. Then wipe it clean so that it has none of your data on it. After they are done using it and you get it back, do a restore and all of your data is back.

Excellent idea
    10-31-08 12:24 AM
    Excellent idea
    Thank you
    10-31-08 12:27 AM
    **** nobody touches my BB but ME!...and sometimes my bf when people call him...
    10-31-08 12:31 AM
    so heres a simple way

go to media-->menu button--->explore
    Cool.. just learnt something new... Explore!

More knowledge aquired on Crackberry
    10-31-08 12:39 AM
    geez learn how to not share
    simple as that
    10-31-08 12:42 AM
    y dont u just lock ur betty, so no one but you can use it
    10-31-08 01:16 AM
    y dont u just lock ur betty, so no one but you can use it
    like i said earlier, why would you let someone borrow your berry??
    10-31-08 01:17 AM
    You are trusting and brave letting someone borrow your Berry. As far as people snooping you need to lock your phone or keep it on you.
    10-31-08 01:41 PM
    You are trusting and brave letting someone borrow your Berry. As far as people snooping you need to lock your phone or keep it on you.
    I totally agree it's YOUR phone with YOUR private info anybody snooping should be beaten with a large trout. It's just kinda ridiculous to have to hide stuff on your own phone. Take it with you on vacation & be done with it.

10-31-08 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD