I have a Sprint 9930 and noticed that they come carrier unlocked.

Can I port my Google Voice number to TMobile prepaid and then use that SIM in my 9930?

Basically, my questions are the following:

1) Is the unlocked Sprint 9930 for all SIM cards, or just overseas SIM cards (disregarding the fact I'll be stuck with edge)?

2) Will I run into any issues keeping Sprint at the same time? Like can I switch back and forth between GSM/EVDO?

3) Will I run into any issues with the phone's CDMA programming have a different phone number than the GSM sim?

Main reason I want TMobile is Sprint's coverage is rather subpar some of the areas I visit; but absolutely amazing at home and work.
    12-05-11 08:00 PM
  2. T
    I'm only on a 9650, but I'm doing that all the time. I have Sprint as my main carrier, but I also have a prepaid T-Mobile SIM (no data) for sending certain international texts. Switching back and forth between CDMA and GSM in mobile network options has been seamless and problem free. I can't imagine it would be any worse on your 9930.
    12-05-11 08:31 PM
    I'm only on a 9650, but I'm doing that all the time. I have Sprint as my main carrier, but I also have a prepaid T-Mobile SIM (no data) for sending certain international texts. Switching back and forth between CDMA and GSM in mobile network options has been seamless and problem free. I can't imagine it would be any worse on your 9930.
    That's the info I'm exactly looking for. Anyone else have any experiences?
    12-05-11 08:43 PM
    I have a Bold 9650 from Verizon. Unlocked and using an overseas SIM card with no data. It still display my CDMA phone number despite never touching the CDMA radio. Month problem here
    12-05-11 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD