connect an external Hard drive to my blackberry storm? I was not sure exactly the cable connector types that blackberry requires so I couldn't search too well for it.

My computer settings at work do not allow me to use my external so I would love to find a way to use it through the phone itself.

and yes, I know I can upload stuff through desktop manager but, this would just save me more time. Any insight is highly appreciated. Thanks!
    03-01-09 01:46 PM
    I am afraid not.

A USB system has an asymmetric design, consisting of a host, a multitude of downstream USB ports, and multiple peripheral devices connected in a tiered-star topology. ...
    The USB port in your BlackBerry does not function as a host. It is a downstream USB port.

A downstream device, like an external hard drive, requires a USB host.
    03-01-09 01:52 PM
    However....

Seagate “Crickett”: Bluetooth hard drive for phones - Big Tech

Seagate �Crickett�: Bluetooth hard drive for phones

Seagate (STX) today will announce perhaps its oddest product ever: a hard drive, code-named Crickett, that uses Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to your cell phone. Starting capacity: 10 gigabytes. $159.

DAVE is designed to hold all that stuff I�ll be using my cell phone to download. Movies, music, all that. Instead of keeping it on my phone, or keeping it on an SD card that fits into my phone, I can download it onto this wireless hard drive and stream it back to my phone. I could also use the drive to store business information.

When your 16 Gb micro card is not enough....
    03-01-09 01:58 PM
    I am afraid Reed_McLay is right. But it would be cool though if you could.
    03-01-09 01:58 PM
    That is interesting, RM. You answered a question I was gonna be researching later. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more goodies like that in the near future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 03:30 PM
    I don't know much about it but there was/were a usb bridge type device which could act as a go between.
    03-01-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD