I'm sure that had nothing to do with Verizon's aggressive marketing push for the Droid... The Storm is a great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 08:23 PM
    BlackBerry is all about communications. There is nothing else that comes close when it matters. That includes decision makers and first responders.

A couple years back, Research in Motion postponed a scheduled service outage because the mid West was being deluged by Thunderstorms. When all else has failed, BlackBerry will still be there.

Personally, I manage some 50+ emails daily. The other guys are not in the same league.
    03-28-10 09:28 PM
    BlackBerrys are for messaging freaks. No other platform can match the BlackBerry for this. It can do some auxiliary things too but it's mainly a messaging device. RIM can't make the BlackBerry an entertainment platform, despite how hard they may try. Luckily for the most part they know where their strength is. I'd like to say one thing that needs to be improved in BBOS.

One of the most glaring flaws of the BlackBerry to me is that RIM created a multitasking OS without a way to kill unresponsive apps. Even though we don't multitask as much on our devices as we do our computers, think about how awful Windows would be if you had no way to kill apps that froze up. The only way to relaunch the app would be to reboot the computer. It's the same way with BlackBerry. For example, Opera Mini likes to get unresponsive at times when I open up more than a handful of tabs. So I have to reboot the device, which is a 2-3 minute wait time minimum just to get one application back and completely interrupt whatever I'm doing at the moment, which is streaming Pandora while on IM. This really should be fixed. Even iPhone OS, notorious for its lack of multitasking has a way to forcequit apps.
    03-28-10 09:38 PM
    One of the most glaring flaws of the BlackBerry to me is that RIM created a multitasking OS without a way to kill unresponsive apps.
    I totally agree with you, although unresponsive apps resulting in a battery pull are very rare. I just wish there was an easier way to close apps in general from the application switcher.
    03-29-10 01:27 AM
    THANK YOU. I agree completely. Everyone here is anti-RIM it seems. I personally loved my Storm 9530...so much that I early upgraded to a Storm 9550 about a week ago. For ~$120 after rebate...it's great! I'm positive this phone will support Webkit and Flash. Why did I do it? I'm honestly not sure...I love Android...I love Google.... but I love BlackBerry much more, it seems. Everything about them: OS leaks, the way the OS works, the customization available, the joy of reading 'Berry news & rumors.
    I have absolutely 0 complaints about BlackBerry. Everyone complains about the OS, whereas I'm perfectly content. Would I object to flashiness? Of course not, as log as it's done well. I respect RIM and their phones. I have my Facebook, Twitter, AIM, BBM, 2 email accounts, Google Calendar, all my music, videos, pictures, FTP client & BBNotepad for editing my website remotely, a few games, Google search, Google Maps. It has everything I need...and that's all I ask for!
    03-29-10 01:34 AM
    Some people just need to realize that iPhones/Androids and BlackBerrys target different audiences. Not all smart phones need to go down the same path.
    +1

I completely agree. Everyone has different tastes.
    03-29-10 08:36 AM
    BlackBerrys are for messaging freaks. No other platform can match the BlackBerry for this. It can do some auxiliary things too but it's mainly a messaging device. RIM can't make the BlackBerry an entertainment platform, despite how hard they may try. Luckily for the most part they know where their strength is. I'd like to say one thing that needs to be improved in BBOS.

One of the most glaring flaws of the BlackBerry to me is that RIM created a multitasking OS without a way to kill unresponsive apps. Even though we don't multitask as much on our devices as we do our computers, think about how awful Windows would be if you had no way to kill apps that froze up. The only way to relaunch the app would be to reboot the computer. It's the same way with BlackBerry. For example, Opera Mini likes to get unresponsive at times when I open up more than a handful of tabs. So I have to reboot the device, which is a 2-3 minute wait time minimum just to get one application back and completely interrupt whatever I'm doing at the moment, which is streaming Pandora while on IM. This really should be fixed. Even iPhone OS, notorious for its lack of multitasking has a way to forcequit apps.

There actually IS a process manager for ALL Blackberries, but it involves accessing the Engineering Screen.

Do a search on Google for ways to access it. It has a process manager that lets you force-quit ANY unresponsive app (or app hogging a lot of system resources) without having to restart the BB.
    03-29-10 10:14 AM
    Does BBSAK do the same thing? What happens when you kill all processes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 02:03 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD