This is why I'll never buy a phone that is so beholden to the whims of the carriers. Either apple or google-edition android. All the rest let the carriers make them their little b17ch.

I hate my carrier. And yours. They all suck. Buy a phone with an untainted user experience.
    06-20-13 03:38 PM
    This goes on with a lot of carriers /brands. Just how it is and more than likely will be the same. If you are that impatient, then I feel sorry for those folks.

Try enjoying your phones for what they are.

I can understand more so for bug fixes, but if just for features then not so much.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-20-13 05:06 PM
    Instead of making BBM go cross platform, couldn't BlackBerry make the first private carrier network utilizing their infrastructure? They could also sell the hardware directly and completely control the supply chain. Hardware (check), Software (check), Distribution (check).

Why not?
    06-20-13 06:22 PM
    I'm with Jerale, the T-Mobile update seems to have fixed the major issues I had with my Z10, and I'm one of the people who never had the reboot problem. All the comments I've read on here lead me to believe that reboot issues for T-Mobile customers are due to either the individual device or a conflict with an app; IMHO.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    06-20-13 06:39 PM
    slow OS updates are the worse!!! Im not certain on this but it seems as if iphone updates come out simultaneously for all carriers (US) in my area.... It would be nice if BB could implement something like that for all BB10 devices.
    06-20-13 06:42 PM
    And some would disagree and say that their phones worked better after the release. Though their testing is already strenuous, it's virtually impossible to test for every scenario.

Posted via that Z-thang
    The update I'm talking about is not the newest out there just the newest out for ATT, Even best buys is telling me to load the leaked OS because they heard it was much better. I think a new OS could make my Z a better phone but who knows. The leaks could be completely different then what ATT puts out. It could be what ever they put in that really screws it up. When they do things other carriers don't who knows for sure
    06-20-13 07:09 PM
    The update I'm talking about is not the newest out there just the newest out for ATT, Even best buys is telling me to load the leaked OS because they heard it was much better. I think a new OS could make my Z a better phone but who knows. The leaks could be completely different then what ATT puts out. It could be what ever they put in that really screws it up. When they do things other carriers don't who knows for sure
    The leaks worked on any BBOS for that model independent of carrier. I would think the BB10 leaks work the same.
    06-20-13 07:19 PM
    This is why I'll never buy a phone that is so beholden to the whims of the carriers. Either apple or google-edition android. All the rest let the carriers make them their little b17ch.

I hate my carrier. And yours. They all suck. Buy a phone with an untainted user experience.
    Nice, if my carrier of choice that works where I need allowed that but they don't allow any phone not branded by them.
    06-20-13 07:20 PM
    its always been like this for BB and android too. Dont think it will change much as the carrier testing is always like this
    I totally agree. I think it's quite normal
    06-20-13 07:24 PM
    Consumers compliant about their mobile phone contract, astronomic fees is by far the number one in that unsuitable list (well here in Canada).
    In general Carriers are just arrogant.
    They are (were) trying to block you going away. They are simply not hesitating to charging you crazy amount of $ for all reasons possible. Charging you 52$/mB of data whole roaming to USA, man how could it be possible when you could have up to 1GB in your forfait for around 35$/month.

So apparently carriers first priority is to get the most money from us, and they are not that concern about consumers satisfaction, well because your can't just easily go with an other one, which at the end might still be the same story.
    They want to offer you what they want to, not what you need.
    ------------------

In short term nothing will really changed in carriers arrogance, and BlackBerry will suffer from that.
    An approach changes might be taken from BlackBerry.
    Maybe BlackBerry should offer to carriers some kind of device cost credit base on the level of their customer satisfaction that bought a BlackBerry devices.
    Carriers like money, maybe that they only way (in short terms) to get them on BlackBerry side.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 08:03 PM
85 ... 234