[QUOTE=theegoldenone;8680271]Yes I work for AT&T. Delayed update? When did they announce a date to be released?

That is the problem, they won't say anything to anyone. Have of your co-workers say that the company has not even received the update and that we should call BlackBerry. The other half just say watch and when you see us making an announcement that it is available then you will know it is available. That is what I was told in reply to my asking about this update. You can defend your employer, which an employee should do, but the bottom line is that it creates a NEGATIVE IMAGE here in CB and is causing CB friends to think twice about buying BB since the major 2 carriers are silent about any update news.
    Why does it take a high tech American carrier network twice as long as other tech savy countries? Your company is not loosing sales because they steer everyone to the Iphone or Androids so the customer still leaves the store with a phone.
    06-19-13 06:46 PM
    One other issue present with OS 10.0 not discussed here is the fact that people who are on Verizon and also have POP email addresses hosted by network solutions cannot reply and/or send their messages from there Z10's. This is unacceptable!!! A smart phone that cannot send emails is not very smart.
    06-19-13 06:48 PM
    I'd rather that they take their time and do it right than rush out a half-baked product. Patience is a virtue. The z10 was worth the wait, as I'm sure will be 10.1

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 06:50 PM
    Maybe the reason they haven't released the update yet is because of their contracts. Tmobile did away with contracts so they have to keep their customers happy due to the ease with which we can jump ship.

The big two don't have anything to worry about due to their contracts.

Anyways I think this thread has run its course. It's dwindling into disgruntled customers arguing with loyal employees.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy *** Q10
    06-19-13 07:00 PM
    The only question I have is are all the carriers in Canada, Europe and other places so totally third world that they just release OS updates without testing? Somehow I doubt that. Can't the US carriers learn anything from other carriers experience with the update. I call it Horse Pucky!! It's called bigger fish to fry. Don't like it? Where ya gonna go Homeboy? Blah!
    06-19-13 08:17 PM
    I wish they can coordinate but it's not a showstopper...most customers don't buy a smartphone based on well updates are cordinated... BlackBerry has much bigger fish to fry.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 08:23 PM
    [QUOTE=rcab;8680456]
    Yes I work for AT&T. Delayed update? When did they announce a date to be released?

That is the problem, they won't say anything to anyone. Have of your co-workers say that the company has not even received the update and that we should call BlackBerry. The other half just say watch and when you see us making an announcement that it is available then you will know it is available. That is what I was told in reply to my asking about this update. You can defend your employer, which an employee should do, but the bottom line is that it creates a NEGATIVE IMAGE here in CB and is causing CB friends to think twice about buying BB since the major 2 carriers are silent about any update news.
    Why does it take a high tech American carrier network twice as long as other tech savy countries? Your company is not loosing sales because they steer everyone to the Iphone or Androids so the customer still leaves the store with a phone.
    They can't really give a firm date. Why? Because testing takes various times. And guess what happens if a release doesn't pass the tests? It gets rejected. So giving firm release dates would never work.

Posted via that Z-thang
    06-20-13 12:23 AM
    I'd rather that they take their time and do it right than rush out a half-baked product. Patience is a virtue. The z10 was worth the wait, as I'm sure will be 10.1

Posted via CB10
    But here's the problem. BlackBerry gives the updates to all the carriers around the same time.

How is it that a majority of the world's carriers are able to do their testing and release it within a reasonable time frame, but the US carriers are still dragging their feet on releasing it over a month later after every one else have done so?

How is it that 2 weeks after T-Mobile has managed to push out 10.1 and AT&T and Verizon can't even at this point give a release date?

A delay which is right now over a month on critical updates is completely unacceptable. If causes fragmentation and lack of consistency in release versions and negatively impacts both customers and developers. Kevin made the following post on CB

http://crackberry.com/sanitys-sake-o...ation-has-stop

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Last edited by web99; 06-20-13 at 05:37 AM.
    rcab likes this.
    06-20-13 05:19 AM
    Took the plunge and popped in my Rogers SIM and installed 10.1.0.273/10.1.0.1720 on my AT&T Z10 and so far can't complain other than Boot time nor showing. Will have to see about the reboots.
    I got tired of waiting...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 06:51 AM
    I don't get it. Why can't the updates be posted directly to the blackberry web site and downloaded directly from there? Is the bb 10.1 software carrier specific?
    06-20-13 08:05 AM
    Well different carriers have different type of tests. They need to make sure that everything is up to their standard before release. I work for AT&T and know the testing is pretty strenuous.

Posted via that Z-thang
    Any idea of WHEN AT&T will release the 10.1 OS update?
    06-20-13 08:27 AM
    Yup. It takes some time to install the govt snooping software into the platform.
    Silly, the government snooping software comes standard, they need to implement a lot of bloatware.
    06-20-13 08:45 AM
    i agree it's a problem. It was annoying when Bell took weeks to finally come up with 10.1. however it's certainly not unprecedented, particularly in the android world. Many droid devices don't have 4.2 and, in fact, might never get it.

Unfortunately it appears to be a vicious circle where BB have lost so much market share in the US that they are a small player right now, at least with BB10. As such they just don't have the clout to pressure carriers to push out the updates. Carriers only care about making money, and they don't see a lot of potential with BB at the moment. "We'll get around to it when everything else important has been taken care of" seems to be their attitude. After that the fragmentation (which is really just a lack of support) feeds the circle where users get frustrated and either never go to the platform (because they hear about this or other "problems") or leave because of it.

I suspect BB needs the carriers more than they need BB at the moment, so their hands are tied at least a bit until Z and Q sales start to make money for the carriers, which might not happen without the support in the form of updates....the vicious circle.
    rcab likes this.
    06-20-13 08:49 AM
    I fully agree and well written!! Thanks! I still blame Blackberry, they should set the standard of time for completion of such updates by the carrier. This doesn't hurt the carrier at all, because everyone needs a device to use these days. It all falls back on the manufacturer of the device. I have been a fan of BB for a long time and enjoy there device. But this is another STORM in different FORM! Blackberry is going to fall if they don't push these carriers into meeting the expectations of the customers. When we buy a device we are buying the Brand,.. not the carrier. The carrier only supplies what the device needs to communicate and get the job done. We need Blackberry to be the voice for us to the carrier. I'm waning thin with the Z10 issues. My friend bought a Z10 yesterday from Verizon, 1 hr later it locked up while setting up his files for photo's! It made Blackberry look bad, Me look bad, and advertising look bad! IMHO!
    kbz1960 and rcab like this.
    06-20-13 08:57 AM
    When apple negotiated those terms they were not a juggernaut, it was pre-iphone and pre-ipad days. Their only hit product was the ipod.
    Yep, but remember how long it took for Verizon to get the iPhone? They didn't get the deal originally because Verizon was arrogant about wanting to fully control the handset.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2354)
    06-20-13 09:07 AM
    Yep, but remember how long it took for Verizon to get the iPhone? They didn't get the deal originally because Verizon was arrogant about wanting to fully control the handset.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2354)
    Actually, Apple was the arrogant one, wanting full control (unheard of at the time) with a handset that nobody had a clue how it would be received.

Back on topic, I wondre how much the CDMA radio has to do with the longer times for everything on Verizon vs the world. They are using different software than almost anyone else major.
    06-20-13 09:42 AM
    Any idea of WHEN AT&T will release the 10.1 OS update?
    If I did, yall would be the first to know

Posted via that Z-thang
    06-20-13 10:15 AM
    I have the newest build since.... let me think.......... at least 4 weeks
    go vodafone

crappy at&t and verizon
    06-20-13 12:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Got my first Z10 and after about a week ATT released an update for it. Worked better before the update so you can't tell me they are testing anything. Now maybe they are really putting the next update through some better testing but if they would just release it I don't see how it could be any worse then what they have out right now. It seems like the US carriers are truly hurting blackberry with the slow releases but then maybe it does have something to do with the NSA. Maybe they are having troubling getting something approved my the NSA so they can spy on us.
    Maybe what we should do here in the US is everybody go out and sign up for all the free email accounts you have time to sit down and sign up for. Then see how many different spam lists you can get all those accounts on to. Maybe this way the NSA would get overloaded with all this data and start thinking about what they are doing. Silly me for thinking they would really think about anything
    06-20-13 01:24 PM
    I agree so full heartedly with OP, can't believe z10 is with out 10.1 in the states, original OS absolutely sucks compared to what I have now, blackberry needs to do something about this ASAP, I was so close to returning my phone because of deficiencies in the original Os, 10.1 is like a different phone, people would ask me how I like my z10 when I got it, i would say it's alright (knowing inside that it wasn't that great) but now with the updates I tell people it's a awesome and way better than iPhone or Android, and mean it entirely, original Os was a major rush job and it showed, how can blackberry expect to sell the z10 in the states by word of mouth when it is still on the pathetic original os

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 01:43 PM
    Got my first Z10 and after about a week ATT released an update for it. Worked better before the update so you can't tell me they are testing anything. Now maybe they are really putting the next update through some better testing but if they would just release it I don't see how it could be any worse then what they have out right now. It seems like the US carriers are truly hurting blackberry with the slow releases but then maybe it does have something to do with the NSA. Maybe they are having troubling getting something approved my the NSA so they can spy on us.
    Maybe what we should do here in the US is everybody go out and sign up for all the free email accounts you have time to sit down and sign up for. Then see how many different spam lists you can get all those accounts on to. Maybe this way the NSA would get overloaded with all this data and start thinking about what they are doing. Silly me for thinking they would really think about anything
    And some would disagree and say that their phones worked better after the release. Though their testing is already strenuous, it's virtually impossible to test for every scenario.

Posted via that Z-thang
    06-20-13 01:58 PM
    Well different carriers have different type of tests. They need to make sure that everything is up to their standard before release. I work for AT&T and know the testing is pretty strenuous.
    How can it be more strenuous than T-Mobile's testing? They've released 10.1...

This just categorically proves in my mind that carriers are to blame for delayed releases due to "testing."
    06-20-13 01:58 PM
    Actually, Apple was the arrogant one, wanting full control (unheard of at the time) with a handset that nobody had a clue how it would be received.

Back on topic, I wondre how much the CDMA radio has to do with the longer times for everything on Verizon vs the world. They are using different software than almost anyone else major.
    I've thought about this too, but c'mon...they must have a legion of engineers who handle CDMA networks, plus if RIM considers them important enough to release a Z10 model solely for their network (basically,) then you know RIM would provide any and all help it can to them. So while I'll give them a slight pass over AT&T, they're not completely clean here either.
    06-20-13 02:02 PM
    How can it be more strenuous than T-Mobile's testing? They've released 10.1...

This just categorically proves in my mind that carriers are to blame for delayed releases due to "testing."
    2 different companies. 2 different bloatwares to add. 2 different testing standards.

Posted via that Z-thang
    06-20-13 02:08 PM
    I'm going to revert back to 2354. Disappointed with the official T-Mobile update. I had to do my first ever battery pull on it today. I thought those were a thing of the past, but I guess not. No bueno. :-(

None of the leaks I downloaded so far (1880 and 2354) solved the battery issue. It still gives me only 4-5 hours, but at least they both solved the random reboots.

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    Really??? Cuz I'm with T-Mobile and didnt have any issues with my update.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:17 PM
85 1234