The lack of 10.1 is already becoming a major issue for people on these forums. US Carriers are doing nothing about it. Clearly they could care less about giving BB users a decent experience. Verizon has the wost built of any us carrier -- with reboots all over the place - yet they have done nothing to fix this.

Now we are seeing a bunch of 10.1 only apps coming out, and almost nobody in the USA can use them. CNN, SKYPE etc.

This is not acceptable. Something needs to be done.

It certainly will NOT help BB regain market share if their major carriers are MONTHS behind other carriers for updates. Can you imagine if Instagram finally comes out and it is 10.2 only and US carriers are sitting around with 10.1 and nobody can get it but the rest of the PLANET can.

I am extremely frustrated about this problem and I know many of you are too. And please don't tell me to load a LEAK. I shouldn't have to do this and 99% of users will never do this.

People have said Verizon is taking so long because of their "rigorous testing process". If that is the case, how the hell did they release a buggy rebooting OS version in the first place.

All carriers should be on similar version of the OS within a few weeks of each other IMO. To create this kind of fragmentation will do nothing but cause problems for BlackBerry -- especially in the market the need the most help with is getting treated the worst.
    schmeat, mfj93444, rcab and 22 others like this.
    06-19-13 09:40 AM
    Well said. I've read many posts by users that have switched back to another platform -so the problem already exists and it's only getting worse.
    06-19-13 09:48 AM
    its always been like this for BB and android too. Dont think it will change much as the carrier testing is always like this
    06-19-13 09:51 AM
    Well different carriers have different type of tests. They need to make sure that everything is up to their standard before release. I work for AT&T and know the testing is pretty strenuous.

Posted via that Z-thang
    E_the_CameraMan likes this.
    06-19-13 09:54 AM
    BlackBerry product manager has addressed this on Twitter by saying the following:

Poor Carrier updates will really hurt Blackberry in the USA-tweet.jpg
    06-19-13 09:54 AM
    Agreed. I feel for my American Crackberrians and BlackBerry brothers and sisters.
    Santiago_nyc likes this.
    06-19-13 09:55 AM
    Well different carriers have different type of tests. They need to make sure that everything is up to their standard before release. I work for AT&T and know the testing is pretty strenuous.

Posted via that Z-thang
    If it's so rigorous how do they approve an OS that randomly reboots along with other issues? How long does it take to "test"?
    emtunc likes this.
    06-19-13 09:59 AM

Posted via that Z-thang
    Yup. It takes some time to install the govt snooping software into the platform.
    06-19-13 10:01 AM
    I bought my Q10 from tmobile on release day and it already had 10.1 on it.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy *** Q10
    06-19-13 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry product manager has addressed this on Twitter by saying the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweet.JPG 
Views:	1591 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	173827
    Hopefully we can get the Eliminated option.
    06-19-13 10:04 AM
    [QUOTE=theegoldenone;8677859]Well different carriers have different type of tests. They need to make sure that everything is up to their standard before release. I work for AT&T and know the testing is pretty strenuous.

I don't doubt your view of AT&T testing but it suggests that other carriers have less demanding standards. Sorry I don't buy that. User experience outside of the US seems to have been much more positive with regard to the Z10 in particular. There has to be something else at play with carriers' testing in the USA. I have no idea what it is but the entire process seems flawed and inefficient.

Posted via CB10
    Snap51, undone, Flatman and 2 others like this.
    06-19-13 10:06 AM
    write them emails twitter them to hell call the hotline or hit the stores... you pay good money every month or ? if you go to a strip club you want throw your money without getting a dance no?
    06-19-13 10:08 AM

Posted via that Z-thang
    Well how about they spend more than 10 minutes a day doing it then.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-13 10:20 AM
    I agree. I feel left out and it already is like having an outdated phone. Every day I see another new app or updated one and it says for 10.1 only. This is a slap in the face...

Posted via CB10
    travaz likes this.
    06-19-13 10:34 AM
    Yup. It takes some time to install the govt snooping software into the platform.
    They need lessons from the UK.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 10:38 AM
    It's not BB's fault if the carriers are too stupid to push the updates to their customers in time for whatever reason. What's hurting the most is stupid people blaming it on BB and not voicing their concern DIRECTLY to the carrier. You are in America, land of capitalicism, your wallet has more influence then a forum whine.
    rifka_f likes this.
    06-19-13 10:40 AM
    It's not BB's fault if the carriers are too stupid to push the updates to their customers in time for whatever reason. What's hurting the most is stupid people blaming it on BB and not voicing their concern DIRECTLY to the carrier. You are in America, land of capitalicism, your wallet has more influence then a forum whine.
    OK we only have so many choices. If we speak with our wallet is that not using a cell at all or going to an iphone?
    21stNow likes this.
    06-19-13 10:43 AM
    Lets hope AT&T, Verizon, and the rest of USA would listen to this message.
    06-19-13 10:53 AM
    Lets hope AT&T, Verizon, and the rest of USA carrier would listen to this message cause is hurting to those BB Fans.
    06-19-13 10:54 AM
    Why not try to pressure the US carrier on the social media? Say rest of the world is using 10.1 why can't you guys make it happen? Some carrier around the globe is releasing 2nd os update for 10.1. Leaks on Web and proves the 10.1 works great with US carrier network..

Need to attack them from all directions..
    06-19-13 10:56 AM
    OK we only have so many choices. If we speak with our wallet is that not using a cell at all or going to an iphone?
    If the offender is the carriers late in OS updates, then you move to a carrier that provides timely updates.
    06-19-13 11:01 AM
    This may be a silly question but why didn't Blackberry take the opportunity while creating BB10 to make updates handled like the iphone?
    06-19-13 11:12 AM
    Good thing you can find leaks here.
    brout, tryfe and justsomebbuser like this.
    06-19-13 11:21 AM
    If the offender is the carriers late in OS updates, then you move to a carrier that provides timely updates.
    And which one would that be? Does their network work where I need it to? Who is going to pay the ETF?

Things aren't always that simple.
    21stNow likes this.
    They don't have the clout of Apple. I believe in the US, Apple first approached Verizon, who didn't like the terms. So they signed with AT&T. When it came to other providers, the iPhone was already so popular that the carriers basically let Apple do what they wanted.
85 123 ...