View Poll Results: What form factor should the next BB All Touch Device take?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give me an updated version of the z10 form factor!

13 34.21%
  • Give me an updated version of the z30 form factor!

16 42.11%
  • Bigger is better, give me a phablet!

2 5.26%
  • I want the best of both worlds: give me an updated Torch slider!

7 18.42%
    5" in the size of Z10 with great specs and options if possible

Please join my photography channel
    07-27-14 06:46 PM
    5" phone with no bezel... hawttt
    07-27-14 07:37 PM
    No smaller than a 5inch with thin bezel or no bezel like the post above me said

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:39 PM
    I want something bigger than the Z30.. like maybe Note3 size.. infact sometimes i fantasize having a Sony Ultra size BB10..

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:45 PM
    4.7" or 4.5" would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 08:21 PM
    Something along the lines of the Note 3 size would be perfect for me.
    07-28-14 09:36 AM
    Beefed up Z10 for the win. Maximum 4.7".

Posted via My Beast Q10
    07-28-14 10:02 AM
    Shave a couple of millimeters of my Z30 and voila! Perfection for me!

From my z30
    07-28-14 10:12 AM
    When I gaze at my Z10, sometimes I fantasize that all the extra black part around the screen was part of the screen. I think that would be amazing. However, from my HTC One M8 I also know that a bigger device is the price I have to pay for beefed up internals like the BoomSound speakers and extra goodies. I guess my dream device would have a 5 inch display, thin bezels, and only enough extra space to accommodate beefed up internals.......Wait I just described the M8 lol. So...BB10 in an M8 body, I guess .
    Disagree. The M8 is too big and slippery, while no grip is not even the only downside of aluminum.
    07-28-14 10:15 AM
    Something that's the width of the Passport, but taller than a Z30 so it can accommodate a much larger 16:9 ratio screen (I'm thinking around 5.5").

Spec Wishlist:
    - 5.5" 16:9 ratio 4k display (as wide as the Passport, but taller than the Z30)
    - 64-bit
    - min 3400 mAh (needs to go nearly 2 days on a single charge)
    - dual sims
    - 64-128gigs of built-in storage
    - min 8gigs of RAM
    - Octa-core Processor
    - expandable micro SD card slot (128gig cards)
    - BlackBerry Natural Sound
    - 16-20mp rear camera / 5-8mp front camera
    - black onyx body with brushed aluminum accents, and either the glass carbon fiber weave or a soft genuine leather with stitched edging

It's asking a lot, but Hell, I can dream can't I.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    07-28-14 11:18 AM
    I'd like a Z25

Z10
    07-28-14 11:41 AM
    When I gaze at my Z10, sometimes I fantasize that all the extra black part around the screen was part of the screen. I think that would be amazing. However, from my HTC One M8 I also know that a bigger device is the price I have to pay for beefed up internals like the BoomSound speakers and extra goodies. I guess my dream device would have a 5 inch display, thin bezels, and only enough extra space to accommodate beefed up internals.......Wait I just described the M8 lol. So...BB10 in an M8 body, I guess .
    You understand that the Z30 is actually pretty close to this, right?
    07-28-14 12:16 PM
    Something that's the width of the Passport, but taller than a Z30 so it can accommodate a much larger 16:9 ratio screen (I'm thinking around 5.5").

Spec Wishlist:
    - 5.5" 16:9 ratio 4k display (as wide as the Passport, but taller than the Z30)
    - 64-bit
    - min 3400 mAh (needs to go nearly 2 days on a single charge)
    - dual sims
    - 64-128gigs of built-in storage
    - min 8gigs of RAM
    - Octa-core Processor
    - expandable micro SD card slot (128gig cards)
    - BlackBerry Natural Sound
    - 16-20mp rear camera / 5-8mp front camera
    - black onyx body with brushed aluminum accents, and either the glass carbon fiber weave or a soft genuine leather with stitched edging

It's asking a lot, but Hell, I can dream can't I.

Those are great specs, to be sure.

You're talking about a device the size of a Galaxy Note, basically. And that starts to get into the issue of how many customers are actually out there for such a device. You, obviously, and we could probably round up a few hundred others on Crackberry, but how many after that?

I'd wonder, for instance, how many Galaxy Notes Samsung sells compared to how many GS5s. With that, you could compare the proportion to Z30 sales and get a really rough idea of how many such phablets BlackBerry could hope to sell. The likely result? A projected market of maybe a couple hundred thousand a year for a couple of years. Nowhere NEAR enough to justify the expense of developing the device.

It's a nice dream, to be sure, but until BB overall market share recovers to the point where they can afford to experiment with niche devices, we're unlikely to see this dream come true...
    07-28-14 12:25 PM
    Z10 size but with a 4.7" full HD screen. There is plenty of bezel space on the Z10 that can go away and turned into screen space. I'd be fine if the ditched the removable battery for an extra 1000 mAH of battery power, and may even deal with OLED too if it is a great screen. More RAM, more non-removable memory (32GB).

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Exactly...a Moto x by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:17 PM

It's a nice dream, to be sure, but until BB overall market share recovers to the point where they can afford to experiment with niche devices, we're unlikely to see this dream come true...
    They are in the enterprise niche, and that with keyboard phones.
    You can't get more niche than that nowadays....

Those are great specs, to be sure.

You're talking about a device the size of a Galaxy Note, basically. And that starts to get into the issue of how many customers are actually out there for such a device. You, obviously, and we could probably round up a few hundred others on Crackberry, but how many after that?
    The market screams for larger devices.
    5 inch is a pretty standard size that gets exceeded by every single Android flagship, from the top manufacturers.
    Not having a Phablet, means that BlackBerry is once again, actively trying not to cater to a well defined "niche" that sells more devices than BlackBerry's niche.

BlackBerry produces the Passport now and I can promise you that they have no idea how big the market is for such a device.
    And I'd wager a lot, that the market for Phablets is bigger than the market for devices like the Passport.

I'd wonder, for instance, how many Galaxy Notes Samsung sells compared to how many GS5s. With that, you could compare the proportion to Z30 sales and get a really rough idea of how many such phablets BlackBerry could hope to sell. The likely result? A projected market of maybe a couple hundred thousand a year for a couple of years. Nowhere NEAR enough to justify the expense of developing the device.
    We don't know how the demand is for a device like the Passport. We objectively have no idea, if the market wants such a device.
    We do know, that the market demands Phablets though.
    If anything, the Passport doesn't justify the expense of producing it. (In a comparison between the Passport and a Phablet ofc)

Also, using the Z30 as a benchmark is senseless.
    Yes, it's a phone that gets appreciated at CB, no, the rest of the world doesn't care.
    Underspecced, overpriced, no ecosystem. That's how most people see the Z30, if they even know that it exists.
    Using the ratio between Galaxies and Notes, to extrapolate something for BlackBerry, is at best, amusing

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:31 PM
    Like the Z30 I hope.

From my ? phone
    07-28-14 07:36 PM
    Passport, no keyboard all touch, 1400x1400. All screen!! Sweet!!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 07:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are alone .
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-28-14 07:50 PM
    Don't care. My opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 07:55 PM
    The z10 size works great for me. Wouldn't mind if it were marginally thicker to support a battery mah increase and the screen was a bit larger.

Bottom line, when current z10 goes TU, I'll buy another BlackBerry this size/form factor if available, be it the next generation or a new z10---assuming I can find one.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    07-28-14 08:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not alone. I did a quick mock-up of an all touchscreen version of the Passport, but I removed the keyboard and dropped the screen down a bit. I would totally buy a device like this whatever the price would be.
    Poll: What form factor should the next all touch BlackBerry take?-tie_8d17753eb6e1d91_21b8_3b77b.jpeg

07-28-14 09:15 PM
    Ya 5"is to big for me the screen size of the z10 is perfect. Just beefed up speck cause the z19 is one sexy beast.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 09:39 PM
    Not alone. I did a quick mock-up of an all touchscreen version of the Passport, but I removed the keyboard and dropped the screen down a bit. I would totally buy a device like this whatever the price would be.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tie_8D17753EB6E1D91_21B8_3B77B.jpeg 
Views:	483 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	287541

No the poster was asking for a square screen not a rectangular screen.
    07-28-14 09:41 PM
    I'd like to see a round BlackBerry! Spherical even!

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 Apps | by Odd Element
    With keyboards on the side, which you can hold and type on at the same time.
    Massive central display and battery, with the option to hook it up with your gaming system and use as a controller

LP&HG
    07-28-14 10:16 PM
    9.5 inch rubber with a thick sack

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 10:47 PM
61 123