Who do you think would be the best celebrity spokesperson for RIM:

a: Blackberry b: PlayBook

The weekly CB posts with all of those celebrities using a BB in public suggests 2 things.

1. Celebrities love BB for one or more reasons...why? The security and BBM? They could have anything, but they have RIM. WHY??

2. Co-CEO guys are missing a great marketing opportunity to have one or more celebrities be endorsers of the BB and PB. As RIM moves to public and global markets, getting some sizzle for these devices from celebrity endorsements will move craploads of product. Why should YOU buy the same phone that Scarlett (or whomever) uses?

Let's give Jim and Mike some good ideas!
    Last edited by Brianflys; 09-25-11 at 11:55 PM.
    09-25-11 11:53 PM
    Well if RIM still wants to maintain the image that BlackBerries are business phones, Donald Trump would be a good candidate. Even though I hate the guy & his fake hair, he knows his stuff when it comes to publicity...
    tkwolf likes this.
    09-26-11 12:10 AM
    How 'bout Mark Zuckerberg? Everyone would "like" BB then!
    09-26-11 12:17 AM
    Bump the celebrities.

I say do an ad campaign with a REAL middle-class family... dad, mom, teen and tween. Tie in soccer mom with business woman, mid level exec with church deacon, teen with school and play.

Wrap em all together... cost, security, selection and proprietary components like BBM. Show how BBs can help regular people live regular lives. Business, entertainment and everything in-between.

Toss in the budding ecosystem, and you have a winning commercial!
    Jaguarr40 and Draconianfire83 like this.
    09-26-11 12:26 AM
    If they would show the features of their products in the advertisements instead of relying on a celebrity endorsement they might do a little better.
    wesware likes this.
    09-26-11 12:43 AM
    Why not combine the family and celebrities? Maybe Brad and Angie and the kids... Just a typical family...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 12:45 AM
    I think RIM's current advertising methods are fine...they just need to do more of it.
    09-26-11 12:51 AM
    The "Flash" playbook ad was amazing. I also liked the Thor ad. However, the advertisements don't show enough of what can be done with the devices. That is one thing I like about Apple commercials. They not only tell you what can be done but show you it being done with various apps. Maybe something similar showing the virtues of BlackBerry along with how it is done.
    09-26-11 07:53 AM
    William Shatner.

Tim
    scott.slater likes this.
    09-26-11 08:05 AM
    Who do you think would be the best celebrity spokesperson for RIM:

a: Blackberry b: PlayBook

The weekly CB posts with all of those celebrities using a BB in public suggests 2 things.

1. Celebrities love BB for one or more reasons...why? The security and BBM? They could have anything, but they have RIM. WHY??

2. Co-CEO guys are missing a great marketing opportunity to have one or more celebrities be endorsers of the BB and PB. As RIM moves to public and global markets, getting some sizzle for these devices from celebrity endorsements will move craploads of product. Why should YOU buy the same phone that Scarlett (or whomever) uses?

Let's give Jim and Mike some good ideas!

The choice is obvious...the only Berry I would give up my BlackBerry for is Halle.
    spike12 likes this.
    09-26-11 08:30 AM
    The host from Amazing Race.
    09-26-11 08:32 AM
    Bump the celebrities.

I say do an ad campaign with a REAL middle-class family... dad, mom, teen and tween. Tie in soccer mom with business woman, mid level exec with church deacon, teen with school and play.

Wrap em all together... cost, security, selection and proprietary components like BBM. Show how BBs can help regular people live regular lives. Business, entertainment and everything in-between.

Toss in the budding ecosystem, and you have a winning commercial!
    This is actually not a bad idea. I know the masses gravitate to what celebs like Kim Kardashian have to say when carrying hers but this is a good idea this Poster has.

The problem is that RIM does not have a marking-advertising dept. to do this.... Yes i am being sarcastic!
    09-26-11 09:40 AM
    Christina Aguilera
    09-26-11 09:45 AM
    Paul McCartney
    09-26-11 10:45 AM
    Kardashians- They all use BBs
    Rob Dyrdem & Drama- They use BBs
    The Glee Kids- I know a few of them use BBs
    09-26-11 11:41 AM
    Kardashians- They all use BBs
    Rob Dyrdem & Drama- They use BBs
    The Glee Kids- I know a few of them use BBs
    Why don't I know who any of these people are!?

Ok, how about no celebs but go with a theme and run with it. RIM was doing this with their super apps commercial but it wasn't accurate or exciting or familiar enough.
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    09-26-11 11:47 AM
    Why not combine the family and celebrities? Maybe Brad and Angie and the kids... Just a typical family...

This is FAR from the typical family.
    09-26-11 11:49 AM
    Why don't I know who any of these people are!?

Ok, how about no celebs but go with a theme and run with it. RIM was doing this with their super apps commercial but it wasn't accurate or exciting or familiar enough.
    Do you live under a rock HAHA. The Kardashians are a worldwide phenomenon as are the Glee Kids.

Dyrdek and Drama are more niche but I feel they are important because they speak to a particular group of kids who are communication heavy.

In terms of having a theme, RIM has never had a consumer identity so their theme/brand needs to be created from scratch and I am not sure they really know how to do that.
    09-26-11 12:17 PM
    These two get my vote... Brick & Betty.
    phonejunky likes this.
    09-26-11 12:22 PM
    The best celebrities that did endorsements for bb were those on "Entourage". I don't think there was an episode during the series entire run where there wasn't a bb shown. Jeremy Piven aka Ari Gold literally was glued to his for the entire series.
    09-26-11 03:58 PM
    The cast of The Office used them
    phonejunky likes this.
    09-26-11 04:00 PM
    I don't know that they need a celebrity endorser. I like the idea of the normal family. It seems more accessible to the average person. I also think a straight forward commercial of what the BB has to offer as a phone would be great. Apple does a great job with their minimalist commercials for the iphone/ipad. I would like to see RIM try something similar for their BBs and PB.
    09-26-11 04:08 PM
    Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber
    09-26-11 04:19 PM
    Bill O'Reilly - "The spin stops at BB, because we are def. looking out for you!" lol
    09-26-11 06:01 PM
    The best celebrities that did endorsements for bb were those on "Entourage". I don't think there was an episode during the series entire run where there wasn't a bb shown. Jeremy Piven aka Ari Gold literally was glued to his for the entire series.
    While I don't think BB's were used for the entire series (treos were used before), they did start using them around 07' season. Since then, almost every character was seen using a Berry. Season 6 even had an episode entitled "Berried Alive" lol

09-26-11 06:12 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD