View Poll Results: What wireless sync/backup do you like best?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google Apps Sync

3 30.00%
  • SMRT Guard

2 20.00%
  • Carrier's Mobile Backup

1 10.00%
  • Other

4 40.00%
    So I've been messing with some of the backup services out there and keep having a ton of trouble. Duplicates or unnecessary contacts being deleted.

So far I've used Google Sync (don't like it for contacts), Tmobile's mobile backup (doesn't sync calendar) and SMRTGUARD.

By far I think I like SMRT Guard the best.

Sure, you pay for their services, but it seems to sync better than the others. Tmobile's service seems to lag a little more, while google just managed to delete a good 20 contacts, right after adding 30 and then doubling 8.

What do you guys think?
    03-10-10 12:00 AM
    I use skydeck , smart guard, and the desktop manager
    03-10-10 12:04 AM
    mIQ (Best Buy Launches Free mIQ Sync Service | CrackBerry.com). Synchronizes calendar, contacts, SMS and media (pictures / video). It's free and utilizes push technology (changes to calendar et cetera are instantly updated on the other end).
    03-10-10 12:17 AM
    I like google sync. Just make sure you delete all your contacts off your email first. It'll sync your contacts from your phone to your email without doubling anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 12:41 AM
    Do any of these apps back up bbm?
    03-10-10 12:59 AM
    Do any of these apps back up bbm?
    Google sync only does contacts and calendar entries. I'm not sure about the others.

03-10-10 01:01 AM
    i vote google sync. serves its purpose well.
    03-10-10 01:10 AM
    BBM can be backed up remotely to an email address I believe.
    03-15-10 05:06 AM
    BBM can be backed up remotely to an email address I believe.
    Yeah did that once and it worked, recovered from email address and once it didn't recover from email address. I don't know why. BBM is no longer on my device so a non issue now
    Last edited by DavidNC; 03-15-10 at 06:00 AM.
    03-15-10 05:57 AM
    MiQ applications seems good. I tried using Smrtguard and loved it but it was only a 30day trial so I uninstalled it now. If your willing to pay the price then I would definitely suggest smrtguard.

03-15-10 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD