i got a brand new bold...but as i wanted to get all my contacts frm the desktop mgr i did a sync immediately from my previous bb, which has an IT policy. question is: will the IT policy gets updated to my brand new bold? some applications will not load, says smthing like 'application is trying to leave the firewall' and its not allowed by my IT policy.....its weird, i checked but there are no IT policy in my set....im tearing my hair out over this...
    Last edited by vinberry; 01-01-09 at 03:30 AM.
    01-01-09 03:28 AM
    If you synched your new BB using the same computer as you used with your old BB, then the IT Policy was most likely pushed to your BB when you connected to the Enterprise. That's the normal BES response when it detects a BB that's missing its IT Policy. If this new BB is your personal BB, you should not be connecting it to your employer's network.
    01-01-09 09:24 AM
    im on BIS and was never on BES b4, its just that my previous bb was a used set that came with IT policy which i did not bother to rid of, would it be possible for the IT policy to stay in the DM & now got in to my new bb?
    01-01-09 10:33 AM
    Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were connecting to a BES. No, the IT policy isn't associated with your DM and won't be passed from one BlackBerry to another via DM. If you are not on a BES, there is a procedure you can use to remove an IT policy: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/
    01-01-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD