"In his 28 years as a police officer, Federal Way Police Chief Brian Wilson had never caused a wreck. Then he got a BlackBerry."

Oops, says BlackBerry-using police chief | The News Tribune - Local | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination
    03-27-09 12:52 PM
    "In his 28 years as a police officer, Federal Way Police Chief Brian Wilson had never caused a wreck. Then he got a BlackBerry."

Oops, says BlackBerry-using police chief | The News Tribune - Local | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination
    LOL! Smooth one.
    03-27-09 12:54 PM
    Dont get me wrong or anything but being a cop would be cool, but at the same time I cant stand police that think they are better than everyone else. They live by all the same laws as any other person. At least this guy admitted that it was his fault but when i see a cop driving down the road going 20 MPH faster than me and then turns into Burger King for lunch is not right.
    03-27-09 01:01 PM
    I think it's really ironic, every police car has enough hardware to fill a data center strapped to the dash and a Blackberry screws him up, I feel a strange sense of pride.
    03-27-09 01:04 PM
    I think it's really ironic, every police car has enough hardware to fill a data center strapped to the dash and a Blackberry screws him up, I feel a strange sense of pride.
    I feel you there! My dad was a po po but he was a cool one, always gave everyone second chances for speeding, and would occasionally switch on his lights to slow you down and then go the other way... its really effective, i've slowed down b/c of that... although i'm very upset he would never get us out of our tickets.. so we had to learn to be careful...he'd do it for our friends(i have sisters, not a mouse in my pocket)
    03-27-09 01:37 PM
    yea really nothing annoys me more then seeing a cop fly by in the passing lane doing 30 over on his cell phone. i have a lot of friends that are police officers and deal with the local pd on a daily basis due to my job and am by no means bad mouth police officers but seriously they can be distracted just as we can. i think they should not be aloud to use cell phones while driving just like regular civilians and this is perfect proof of that.

this story would have been really funny if he flipped on his lights and was like why did you back into me haha j/k.
    03-27-09 03:58 PM
    I give him credit for admitting fault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:09 PM
    I give him credit for admitting fault.

Yeah. It takes balls to admit to something like that. It won't hurt him though, it will (hopefully) just make other officers more aware
    03-27-09 05:46 PM
    I can just see some ***** there saying they should ban bb's because of this.

03-27-09 06:37 PM
    Totally forgot I can't say I d I o t.

03-27-09 06:37 PM

Doh! This why I do not drive and use my BB. It is nothing but trouble waiting to happen.

03-27-09 06:40 PM
    Kudos to the cop for admitting his mistake... we should have more cops like him... then again if we did we wouldn't have the lovable cop haters... but this is why i don't text when riding my bike.. or surf the net... but its so tempting at a red light... especially if you see the red light on your BB... or feel the vibrations... lol... still kudos to the cop..
    03-27-09 09:28 PM
    Ouch. Not good.
    03-27-09 09:33 PM
    Breakin the law...breakin the law! A lesson to be learned here. Good story.
    03-27-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD