Post removed.
    Last edited by jrohland; 05-05-14 at 11:33 AM.
    kbz1960, Mecca EL and zlatno like this.
    11-18-13 09:53 AM
    Thanks for your opinion on the matter. i think many people are happy now that they have the apps they want and STILL have a BlackBerry!
    11-18-13 09:59 AM
    Yeah, I don't understand the mentality of: "If you want these apps, just get an Android!"

No, I want the BB10 UI, keyboard, etc, but I want a few more apps & games too. So what? What does that seem to offend some people? Nobody will make them download anything they don't want to, so why care that others can?
    11-18-13 10:00 AM
    I completely agree that having Android apps PLUS the BB10 experience is a great combination. But, please realize that the "point" of the runtime is actually so developers would have an easier time converting their apps. It wasn't meant for the general public, but a few savvy people have turned it into something that BB users can enjoy and benefit from. If BB users want games and simple apps that don't require sharing between other apps/services, then yes it's a perfect solution. However there's still the potential for disappointment if users think the apps will integrate into the OS as they do on Android.

ETA: It also makes me kind of uneasy that BB users are doing the very thing that Android users know NOT to do, and that's download apps outside of Google Play. That's where the vast majority of the exploits come from. I only download apps on my Android devices that have the top developer or editor's choice distinctions, or if they're official apps produced by a known company (for example, the Dunkin Donuts app). I know it's not the same since the Android apps are partitioned away from the rest of BB10, it's just the act of doing something that's been beaten into my head as bad since I first started using Android.
    11-18-13 10:15 AM
    If you want Android, buy an Android phone. The point of the runtime is NOT to make an AndBerry (the other mash up sounds potentially offensive to me). It is for those of us who want the security, stability, performance, multi-tasking, user interface, superior communications, etc... BlackBerry provides but, who NEED some specific app(s) not currently available as native BlackBerry 10 apps. If your world revolves around Google Maps, you've got it now. If you can't do your banking without your bank's app, you have it. If your day only starts once you've opened your Starbucks app, you can now face the day.

Stop assuming people want to turn their BB in to an Android device. If that is what they want 10.2.1 for, they have the wrong phone.

Stop telling potential BlackBerry customers they want something else because the entire Angry Birds suite is not available for BlackBerry. Now it is!
    I feel your pain, man.
    11-18-13 10:30 AM

ETA: It also makes me kind of uneasy that BB users are doing the very thing that Android users know NOT to do, and that's download apps outside of Google Play. That's where the vast majority of the exploits come from. I only download apps on my Android devices that have the top developer or editor's choice distinctions, or if they're official apps produced by a known company (for example, the Dunkin Donuts app). I know it's not the same since the Android apps are partitioned away from the rest of BB10, it's just the act of doing something that's been beaten into my head as bad since I first started using Android.
    There are other sources for apps that are at least as reliable as Google Play. In fact Google play has been known to have issues with apps (i.e. BBM fake apps). By using a little care and by doing research and checking out the recommended alternatives from trusted CrackBerry sources, you can be reasonably assured of no issues.

My understanding is even if there is male are loaded, because the runtime is "seperate" from your core QNX/bb10, then it will not infect the phone as a whole. I probably am not describing that correctly, so please someone with a better understanding, correct my perception or improve my description.

I am not big into apps, but there are a few android apps that I am using. It is a nice option to have and shows the versatility of BB10.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-18-13 10:32 AM