For a while, I could add and subscribe to podcasts on my Blackberry but now the option has disappeared again. No longer can I add or subscribe without messing around with syncing from a computer. Even deleting the appropriate service book and then resetting no longer works.

So why have RIM done this again? How can they justify disabling the podcast app which comes as part of the operating system so it is next to useless outside North America?

You would have thought they had scored enough own goals for a while and would want to perhaps not want to upset their users any further. It makes no sense whatsoever.

What is worse is the lack of any form of explanation as to why they do this! Total and utter disrespect!
    02-19-12 06:17 PM
    I just tried to use the podcast app yesterday. I was wondering the same thing.
    02-19-12 07:21 PM
    Maybe it was just outside of North America, or a temporary bug.

I just subscribed to a new podcast, and it is downloading as I type this.
    02-19-12 08:38 PM
    Yep - mine's been crap for the past week or two. Uninstalled/Reinstalled the app, deleted previous podcasts, updated subscriptions, deleted subscriptions, etc... nothing helped.

Managed to get one to download recently - though seems by pure chance, and by no logic.
    02-20-12 01:07 AM
    Maybe it was just outside of North America, or a temporary bug.

I just subscribed to a new podcast, and it is downloading as I type this.
    I'm in the US and I have this situation. Maybe it is a bug.
    02-20-12 03:57 AM
    Podcasts are a big thing with me. I download a lot and it is one reason I still keep hold of my BB (although it is no longer my main phone). Screwing up the podcast app makes one less reason to use it.

Way to go RIM!
    02-20-12 05:53 AM
    Could someone at Crackberry with access to RIM please ask what the deal is with the podcast situation? Surely if the new guy rings you when he takes over, you should be able to get a simple question like this answered.
    kkluesner likes this.
    02-21-12 09:51 AM
    I just use itunes and DM to transfer them to my BB, it's done in seconds rather then waiting for the app. By the way, there are other podcast apps in Appworld.
    02-21-12 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD