08-19-14 01:34 PM
    Hmm what's your opinion on the piece OP?

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-19-14 01:47 PM
    There's a power user.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 02:09 PM
    Regardless of whether the claim is true or not it seems to me one of the most flattering things I've heard said about BlackBerry in quite a while. ( It might actually be more factual to say that Rupert Murdoch can run the country from his BlackBerry. )

Posted via CB10
    neilwhite and lift like this.
    08-19-14 02:17 PM
    Great advertising for BlackBerry, actually truth be told ,I too run my show from my BlackBerry :-)) even when I'm on vacation, it's reliable and secure. It allows for true Freedom and Flexibility . I have been able to communicate with my colleagues on the go.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 02:32 PM
    It is very good advertising, no question about that. And ironically, it's probably the only brand of phone he could mention and get away with it. You couldn't imagine 'government by iPhone' could you?

Anyway, from a personal perspective I find it ridiculous how political leaders get stick for taking holidays. I don't see how it's in any way better to have a national leader knackered and grumpy. They need holidays - we can criticise a lot of things, but this is ridiculous. He's in Cornwall, not the Grenadines relying on iffy wifi.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 05:25 PM
    08-19-14 08:04 PM
    I doubt there will ever be a good time for any leader to take a vacation nowadays with everything going on in the world. Glad he has his BlackBerry.

I absolutely rely on mine while juggling work, family and our many activities. He is taking advantage of the work life balance.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    08-19-14 09:32 PM
    I travel a lot for work, I hardly ever take out my laptop anymore. My Z30, is pretty much all I need.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    anon(8908445) and theRock1975 like this.
    08-19-14 09:34 PM
    I agree i think you can run work from the phone, i do i even sit in my office and reply to work stuff from my Z30 with a pc sitting right in front of me.
    anon(7915689) and Q10Bold like this.
    08-19-14 10:29 PM
    So David Cameron has a BlackBerry...

Where's the nearest iPhone store?

Joking aside, sure it's not that impressive that somebody can run a country with a BlackBerry (well, I guess it is since it's still a smartphone). But I just think BlackBerry is well suited to the task at hand. But even though he can do it, I don't think he should, the world unfortunately looks down on BlackBerry and he probably looks worse as a Prime Minister for it. Makes it seem like he's putting off work (which is... lousy if you're running the country..)

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:43 PM
    Interesting idea... while the article really doesn't say much about the methods, etc, it still is a little bit of an advertisement in and of itself. If he feels the BlackBerry is more than capable to give him the accessibility he needs to be able to leave the office and still be on top of things in his offices, then that is a lot of faith placed on the security and reliability of his choice of device.

I definitely understand those of you who say that you will reply to work related items right on the BlackBerry even when sitting right at the PC. I think a fair number of people are becoming like that bit by bit, especially since our emails always push right to our phones. Our BlackBerry devices are notoriously reliable in so many circumstances for both receiving and properly sending out communications, and they are right there. Why open up a new window at the PC when we can just swipe, tap, read and reply? I often put my Z30 To use a lot at work to speed up searches and such for clients.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    08-19-14 10:54 PM

Joking aside, sure it's not that impressive that somebody can run a country with a BlackBerry (well, I guess it is since it's still a smartphone). But I just think BlackBerry is well suited to the task at hand. But even though he can do it, I don't think he should, the world unfortunately looks down on BlackBerry and he probably looks worse as a Prime Minister for it. Makes it seem like he's putting off work (which is... lousy if you're running the country..)

Posted via CB10
    World looks down on BlackBerry? Please! As for the issue of whether he should. The man needs private time. If whilst on vacation he can use his BlackBerry to still stay in touch and in the loop, why not? The article really is silly apart from the fact that you can perform your duties as PM securely through a BlackBerry device
    I can't tell you the number of times I have had business conducted over my BlackBerry from sending faxes emails pdf documents conference calls all done whilst I sit on a beach enjoying a cigar and mojito :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 12:21 AM
    Regardless of whether the claim is true or not it seems to me one of the most flattering things I've heard said about BlackBerry in quite a while. ( It might actually be more factual to say that Rupert Murdoch can run the country from his BlackBerry. )

Posted via CB10
    Actually, Rupert Murdoch can run the country from David Cameron's BlackBerry!

;-)

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    08-20-14 12:28 AM
    I agree i think you can run work from the phone, i do i even sit in my office and reply to work stuff from my Z30 with a pc sitting right in front of me.
    HA! I thought I was the only one that did that. I'll have multiple projects open on my desktop ( docked Thinkpad W540 with 24" monitor) and my Q sitting on my desk to respond to e-mail and edit documents.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    LoneStarRed and anon721037 like this.
    08-20-14 12:34 AM
    Bottom line is that the only work these executive positions require is listening (hopefully), discussing (less likely), and making decisions. With a staff and advisers, it's hard to believe anything other than a phone with a calling plan is required. Anything else is just an open door for politicians to get in trouble.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 12:57 AM
    Bottom line is that the only work these executive positions require is listening (hopefully), discussing (less likely), and making decisions. With a staff and advisers, it's hard to believe anything other than a phone with a calling plan is required. Anything else is just an open door for politicians to get in trouble.

Posted via CB10
    How else are they going to review the bills?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-20-14 01:11 AM
    Like Angela Merkel he's using a Q10 : PM David Cameron Can Run Britain ?By BlackBerry? | N4BB

I wonder how many of them will be using a Passport? Crackberry should have a thread (maybe they already have) where pictures of VIP's rocking a BlackBerry are collected. Always good to make a statement.
    http://utbblogs.com/tag/cameron-blackberry/
    08-20-14 04:24 AM
    Did he say what app he used?

BBQ10
    08-20-14 04:55 AM
    Sounds like he could run the country from a landline.
    08-20-14 05:28 AM
    It can also fake news

posted via Q10
    08-20-14 05:36 AM

;-)
    Ouch, you're right. It sits there on the shelf beside Stephen Harper?s and Tony Abbott's.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bungalow_Bill; 08-21-14 at 03:23 PM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-20-14 06:47 AM

;-)

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Cheeky but true.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    He's the Prime Minister, not the dictator of North Korea. Primus inter pares - there are other people in the government too.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:42 AM
    I have always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-20-14 08:08 AM
44 12