Hi - I'm set up with my corporate email on BES. Can my company see everything I do on my berry that goes over the data connection, like read text messages, bbms, see personal email (not my work email), websites I visit, etc?

Please answer if you know. Thanks.
    11-12-09 02:25 PM
    Pretty much, yes.
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    11-12-09 02:29 PM
    Pretty much, yes.
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    Jeff, thank you so much for helping.
    11-12-09 02:32 PM
    If it's your personal phone, I say who cares. I have my personal bb set up on my company's BES, idk what they can see, but I know that they really have no business looking at anything other than company email which is cool with me. Even if they know how much pr0n I look at, what's it to them? It's my phone, my service.

If it's a work phone, then no matter what anyone says always "assume" that someone is watching.
    11-12-09 02:59 PM
    Personal phone or not as long as you are on their bes they want to make sure that you are not a corporate spy. Security is the whole idea with bes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 03:40 PM
    If it's your personal phone, I say who cares. I have my personal bb set up on my company's BES, idk what they can see, but I know that they really have no business looking at anything other than company email which is cool with me. Even if they know how much pr0n I look at, what's it to them? It's my phone, my service.

If it's a work phone, then no matter what anyone says always "assume" that someone is watching.
    This is why you will be hard pressed to find many veteran BES admins who will go along with personal phones on the company BES. It gets too "sticky" when personal plan/privacy issues arise.
    11-12-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD