Hi,

My name is Terry Ballard, I live in the Cayman Islands. Recently had a birthday and my mother surprised me with a new phone (9700) after hearing me complain about my old 9000. Anyways I realized couple weird things about the phone. The box it came in had a different PIN number on it, also the sticker under the battery also had a different number and the actually pin number of the phone was also different. If this was actually a brand new phone that wouldn't be possible. The keyboard has be giving problems along with the memory card slot not reading any memory card.

Anyways on to why I am posting 2 days ago I received a BBM contact request from a guy in Toronto Canada, can't remember his name. He added the phone thinking it was still his friends phone who went by the name of *** I believe, not quite sure if I am remembering the name correctly, but the guy who added me went on to say it was stolen and he thought his friend had got the phone back.

If anyone who lives around that area knows the guy I am talking about please contact me on here, the store the phone was bought from was a electronics store not our actually service carry and I would like to get my money back so I have nothing to do with the stolen phone and even get it back to its real owner.

I can post pics with the different PIN numbers if needed.

Thanks
    12-03-10 03:46 PM
    Id post this in the pin sharing threads with a title like "looking for people from______________ or anyone who knows_____________________". Or you could bbm the guy and asks for his friends number.....
    12-03-10 04:24 PM
    The guy deleted me right after the convo, I was trying to get his friends info, but dude bounced quick so I never got anything from him.
    12-03-10 04:58 PM
    Can you call the company?
    like the actual phone company.
    they may have the name on file.
    12-03-10 05:05 PM
    I would take it to the store of the carrier it was originally sold by and see if they have any records of sale of that device or listed as stolen or anything.

Another possibility could be that it was somehow a refurb device that they mislabeled. PIN will stay with the device, so folks who knew the previous owner might still try to contact them on your PIN...
    12-03-10 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD