My friend entered the wrong password too many times on my phone, and it began "wiping".... at about 15% i took the battery out, took the sim card and memory card out and then put the battery back in and it finished "wiping". Now, when I put everything back in it keeps saying there is an error and wont do anything!! It is thanksgiving and customer service is not open.... :/ how do i fix this?? What might i have lost??
    11-27-08 05:28 AM
    It is likely going to need a reload of the Operating System, follow the link in my signature for the correct was to upgrade the BB O.S.
    11-27-08 05:42 AM
    yup- you're going to have to reload the OS. Use his Recovering a Dead Berry link and it should be okay. You've lost all the data that was on there though...

And let this be a lesson to you: if somebody else puts their paws on your Berry- hit them.
    11-27-08 01:59 PM
    Reloading the OS doesn't take that long and when you do it you can always upgrade which is nice.
    11-27-08 06:02 PM
    awwwwesome thank you all sooo much! im having someone else do all that reloading stuff for me cuz im not so tech savvy and i would probably screw it up... i have another question now tho. i had a memory card in there, and im pretty sure all my pictures and ringtones were being saved to that. is everything from the memory card gone too?
    11-28-08 01:15 PM
    No the contents of the media card will still be intact
    11-28-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD