Hello.

First, in advance, thank you for all/any help.

The questions/issues I will ask below are I am sure very elementary, so I apologize in the beginning.

I want to use wifi very badly, issue number 1. It is crucial for me to be on wifi to do any sort of streaming on my 8350i.

Can I live without streaming? Yes. But I want to know if its just my stupidity that's preventing me from doing so.

So......

When I first got the phone I played with wifi and was able to connect to a open network, only when outside(most likely due to where I live)

However that network has since disappeared. When I scan for networks, I get a bunch, but the are all wep/personal/etc

So basically if its not an open connection and I don't know the person that I'm trying to connect to, I just can't get on?

Again, I'm sure this is a really stupid question, but I really just don't know!!!

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

PM1

P.S. I do not have an active wifi router in my house,so when my bb generates pins I'm assuming their useless as I have nowhere to enter them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ProjectManager1; 04-03-10 at 01:19 PM.
    04-03-10 01:11 PM
    Hi, welcome to CB.
    When people talk about using wifi, they're usually using their own network or one provided by an establishment like Starbucks, the airport etc. You would need to have your own wireless router to have a signal. Hope that helps...

04-03-10 01:21 PM
    Double post

10 char
    Last edited by ProjectManager1; 04-03-10 at 01:40 PM.
    04-03-10 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the welcome and the response

I appreciate it!!!!!!

Guess I gotta get out more!!!!!

04-03-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD