hey guys i need your help on how to solve this problem .. yesterday i noticed that unless im at home using wifi i wasnt able to get any emails, facebook, twitter and couldnt go on to the net even though i have the EDGE with full bars ... i did everything i know like pulling the battery and resend the service books but still couldnt get any data at all ... is this something to do with my service provider or is it hardware problem? can anybody here help me out? thank you guys ...
    06-25-09 03:02 PM
    did you try turning connections off, batt pull, then turn connections on?
    06-25-09 03:11 PM
    Have you gone to the host routing table and register there? That might help. Do you know if maybe a setting has gotten changed. I think that if you tried all of that and resent the service books then it might be an issue that you will have to call your provider about.
    06-25-09 03:12 PM
    Try re-registering your BB. Got to tools, advanced options, host routing table. Press the BB key and select register now.

Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 03:12 PM
    I had this same problem last moth. I went through ATT and they could not figure it out so they transfered me to RIM. I had to go through a couple of people at RIM but thee fixed it. They never really gave me a conclusive answer but it had to do with my data plan being not set up correctly. It worked for 2 months before that without a problem, though.
    06-25-09 03:19 PM
    what you can do is go to your browser and go to options> browser configuration and where it says browser see if you can change it to internet browser instead of wifi..if it helps tell me please
    06-25-09 03:27 PM
    thanks for the reply guys .. im completely running out of clues here .. tried everything suggested and still wasnt able to use the data ...
    06-25-09 06:41 PM
    Did you call T-Mobile to see if they could help or if they could transfer you to RIM? It could be something with your data plan being messed up on their end.

Can you send a PIN message or send a message through Blackberry Messenger? If not then it is a problem with RIM and not T-Mobile.
    06-25-09 08:10 PM
    I have the same exact problem!
    here my thread:
    If anyone found a solution to this problem, please post it here.
    Thanks!
    06-25-09 09:01 PM
    Did you call T-Mobile to see if they could help or if they could transfer you to RIM? It could be something with your data plan being messed up on their end.

Can you send a PIN message or send a message through Blackberry Messenger? If not then it is a problem with RIM and not T-Mobile.
    basically anything with data i couldnt get access to even though i have EDGE with full bars ... the only thing i can do if i dont have wifi right now is phone calls and text ... sucks!! i need my phone to do what i do ...
    06-26-09 12:55 AM
    ok i run diagnostic test and everything came out ok except for pin-pin it says no .... anybody knows how to fix this problem?? oh and im on bis just in case anybody wanna know because i understand that they already have the solution on bes for cases like mine ...
    06-26-09 02:14 AM
    ok i run diagnostic test and everything came out ok except for pin-pin it says no .... anybody knows how to fix this problem?? oh and im on bis just in case anybody wanna know because i understand that they already have the solution on bes for cases like mine ...
    where did you get your berry? if the imei and pin have been altered sometimes an issue
    06-26-09 02:20 AM
    i bought it from a wireless store here in socal .... i should add that the phone was working fine from the time i bought it (around 4 or 5 months) until yesterday i notice that i didnt get any emails all day unless im at home using wifi ...
    06-26-09 02:42 AM
    You still did not say if you call t-mobile yet. I told you that I had the same problem and what I did. You cannot fix it yourself. Call t-mobile, they probably will not be able to fix it so they will transfer you to RIM.

06-26-09 05:44 AM
    yea i havent call 'em up just yet.. im gonna do that first thing this morning ... the only thing worries me if theyre goin to hassle me for using an unlock blackberry from their main competitor.. oh well i will call 'em and keep u guys updated ... THANK YOU GUYS
    06-26-09 09:11 AM
    so i talked to tmobile and the lady was pretty much told me to do what i already did like the battery pulling, resend the service books, etc ... arggh im completely clueless at this point ...
    anybody out there can help???
    06-26-09 09:28 PM
    Did you ask her to transfer you to RIM tech support? AT&T tech support basically was no help for me, too. They transferred my call right to RIM. You should call them again. One other thing you could have T-mobile try is to have them completely disconnect you from any of their towers, pull the battery and then reconnect to the towers. It's worth a try. AT&T tried that with mine but it still did not work.

06-26-09 09:32 PM
    somehow she was hesitated to transfer me to RIM .... what did they do to your phone to get it fixed? did they make do anything?
    oh man this is sux .. weekend with no data .. arrggh i feel like im gonna scream ...
    06-26-09 10:02 PM
    I had this same problem last moth. I went through ATT and they could not figure it out so they transfered me to RIM. I had to go through a couple of people at RIM but thee fixed it. They never really gave me a conclusive answer but it had to do with my data plan being not set up correctly. It worked for 2 months before that without a problem, though.
    Same thing happend to me earlier this morning att couldnt help sent me to Rum<---( ha ha I am a lil buzzed) and they did "somthin" and bam I once again had my service books.
    06-26-09 11:44 PM
    im gonna call back tmobile tomorrow .. i searched thoroughly on google and found one that could probably be the solution ..
    quoting from what the guy wrote from the other forum
    "This is a followup. After sticking with AT&T tech support for several hours through their levels of ever escalating problem support, I was finally handed off to Blackberry support, and they solved the problem within minutes. The RIMM support guy said it appeared that my Bold Blackberry internet data connection was 'stuck' at one cell tower, unable to switch off and move on to another as I moved around. He said this happens, although infrequently. He 'unlocked' the connection, and had me re-register and all was well. I asked if AT&T could solve this problem and he said only Blackberry support could do the unlock function.

There are two internet access/browser connections, three if you have your own WiFi. One over the AT&T network, that browser is called Media Net. Over the Blackberry service, its called the Internet Browser. Wifi by default uses the Internet Browser. If you have defined a third party email account, in my case an IMAP account, that only works over the Blackberry service. "

pray for me guys .. 2 days without Data sucks ... hopefully theyll be able to fix it tomorrow ...
    06-27-09 12:27 AM
    okay so i finally got through to RIM and finally have everything working .. heres the crazy part though about 10 minutes later it happened again .... SMH ...
    06-27-09 09:40 PM
    finally got it fixed last night ... to those who have the same problem definetly call your carrier and ask to be transfered to RIM because only RIM can unlock data which aparrently in my case got stuck in one of the tower ...
    again thank you all for all your help and suggestions.. much appreciated
    06-30-09 02:33 PM
    No problem. That is what I found out, too. RIM is the answer for any data problems.
    06-30-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD