I just got a new Bold 9700 so transferred everything from my 8900 to 9700 using DM however my Password Keeper and MemoPad have disappeared.

I've done a search on here and found if you run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader then this should enable you to grab PK and memopad etc and re-install them to the phone. The problem is when I run this I don't see PK or Memo the only apps I see are the ones I already have on the phone.

Have I lost them for good? Surely not as I transferred the data through DM as instructed.

Please help I's be lost without these apps .............
    07-15-10 03:01 AM
    I beleive what is done in this situation is that you must plug your phone into your computer and update it using Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    Then click on Applications and then add/ remove applications. See if memo pad and Password Manager are in that list. If they are then just go ahead and install those into your phone.

If the application does go into your phone put the info is not there... Just go Back into desktop manager. select backup and restore hit advanced. Browse to the last good backup of your previous phone or whatever had those memos in it. And just restore the memos and password keeper files.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

(If these dont work i would suggest updating the software completely .

NOTE: BACKUP YOUR PHONE PRIOR TO DOING ANY OF THIS JUST TO AVOID THE LOSS OF INFORMATION IN CASE SOMETHING GOES CRAZY.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-15-10 03:22 AM
    thanx movi3king! i did this on my bold 9700 and it worked like a charm! the only problem is that the darned 9700 is a T-Mobile unlocked device that doesn't connect to Telstra's NextG! i've tried everything including downgrade software....any ideas pls?
    07-15-10 08:57 PM
    thanx movi3king! i did this on my bold 9700 and it worked like a charm! the only problem is that the darned 9700 is a T-Mobile unlocked device that doesn't connect to Telstra's NextG! i've tried everything including downgrade software....any ideas pls?
    Your very welcome!
    Im not familiar with what "Telstra's NextG" is. Care to explain?
    Im guessing it is a network correct? if it is... What provider is the phone branded to?
    07-15-10 11:15 PM
    telstra is australia's largest phone company. they call their 3G network "NextG". in reality, NextG has the best coverage amongst all the providers in australia. the device that i have is from the USA. it's a T-Mobile bold 9700 which has v.5.0.0.714 (platform 5.1.0.146) whereas telstra only provide software upto: BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.554 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.554
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.351
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.98
    File name: 9700jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel554_PL5.1.0.98_A5.0.0.35 1_Telstra.exe
    File size: 141.08MB

a BB tech seemed to think that downgrading my device software would allow the phone to catch NextG (which it simply can't presently - it catches hutchison, vodafone and optus and mostly goes back to 2G). several attempts to downgrade device software were made but no luck. the tech thinks (he's unsure) that T-Mobile have a "special relationship" with BB that gives them T-Mobile specific software.

i wonder if this "special software" can be wiped off and normal software loaded... actually, i'm not even sure that the tech's theory about downgrading software is correct...

would you have any idea about this? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx, mate
    07-17-10 08:46 AM
    i may have figured it out.....Telstra next G is 850mhz

Optus, Vodafone are 900mhz in rural and 2100mhz around towns

3 is 2100mhz around town and roams on telstra next G or GSM depending on model of phone

it's likely that my T-Mobile BB 9700 is not 850mhz....i wonder how i can find this out...
    07-17-10 10:35 AM
    OK if the only problem is your that your internet isnt working then i think the solution is to make your phone only use 2G and not 3G.
    Off hand i dont recall how this is done. Try and see if theres a solution, or if anyone here can explain how its done- i think this problem would be sold
    07-18-10 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD