I'm new to the blackberry world. Came from an iPhone. (My blackberry is company paid, but not so much company use) I have a blackberry curve 8530 and fell in love with the imagine theme from bb app world, from what I read, it's zen plus theme. I want to change the wallpaper on the menu screen (not home screen) it won't let me. I've searched threads, no bueno.

I love the translucent icons and when highlighted on the home screen the content pops up, as well as e simple helvetica font. I hate the wallpaper.

How do I find my barcode?

Last thing,
    What are the best cases/skins for them? I think the ones made by bb are to thin.

Thank you!
    Last edited by sofia_voss; 12-27-10 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention where I downloaded my them
    12-27-10 10:31 PM
    If your employer paid for the phone,they may have locked it down so you maynot be able to put apps and such on it.if you are on BES,company controls what can/cant be put on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 10:35 PM
    To get your barcode open BBM and xhoose Menu (BB key) -- View my Profile and you will get to a page that allows you to show your barcode -- from there you can save the barcode image
    12-27-10 10:41 PM
    It's not company locked. It's through Cricket Wireless. Basically a personal phone just paid for. I can download all apps and themes even through OTA. I just can't figure out how to change the background on the menu screen where all the apps are.
    12-27-10 10:41 PM
    I'm new to the blackberry world. Came from an iPhone. (My blackberry is company paid, but not so much company use) I have a blackberry curve 8530 and fell in love with the imagine theme from bb app world, from what I read, it's zen plus theme. I want to change the wallpaper on the menu screen (not home screen) it won't let me. I've searched threads, no bueno.

I love the translucent icons and when highlighted on the home screen the content pops up, as well as e simple helvetica font. I hate the wallpaper.

How do I find my barcode?

Last thing,
    What are the best cases/skins for them? I think the ones made by bb are to thin.

Thank you!
    I'm not sure about the theme, as I don't have it installed. But I'm pretty sure you can only change the wallpaper (the home screen you are referring to), and not the menu that shows all of your apps.

As for your barcode, are you asking about your BBM barcode?

My blackberry has no case on it, I go for the naked look, haha. But if you are looking for a more ruggedized case I would suggest OtterBox. I think they are quite pricey but they get the job done. I do think this website (crackberry.com) sells cases so you might want to check there!

12-27-10 10:44 PM
    To get your barcode open BBM and xhoose Menu (BB key) -- View my Profile and you will get to a page that allows you to show your barcode -- from there you can save the barcode image
    Thank you, I found my barcode.
    12-27-10 10:48 PM
    Otterbox is. A great bb case.

12-27-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD