I just bought a BlackBerry Storm off of Craigslist, but it has no SIM. Will it still work? Can I still activate it with Verizon? I keep getting different answers. PLEASE HELP!
    -Mia
    06-22-09 02:11 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can activiate it with Verizon (since they don't use sims) but you wouldn't be able to roam on international networks unless you had that sim or unlocked it and put in another sim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 02:14 AM
    I really appreciate it. I've been freaking out all night because I totally didn't realize that it didn't have a SIM card til just now! & I'm taking it to Verizon tomorrow to see if they'll let me use it instead of my sorry Voyager... haha
    06-22-09 02:16 AM
    No problem and good luck! welcome to crackberry!! Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 02:19 AM
    haha thanks. Why does my name have to say "newbie" under it? How embarrassing.
    06-22-09 02:19 AM
    No need to go down to Verizon, just sign up for a free account at verizonwireless.com and use the online ESN changer. When you enter your Storm's ESN, the Verizon database will know it is a Blackberry and require you to add an email/data plan to your acct.
    06-22-09 02:21 AM
    I tried to do it online and it wouldn't let me. Which is one reason I got a little worried. I already have an existing plan though... and I was trying to swap my voyager plan and create a new blackberry plan... One reason I considered that it wasn't working was because of the fact that for a Blackberry you have to have a totally different plan with internet and all. I figured maybe I have to go in store for all of that so they can switch up my plan and all. Does that make sense though? I'M SO PARANOID THAT THIS PHONE WONT WORK. haha.
    06-22-09 02:25 AM
    I went from a Motorola non-smartphone with no email plan to my Blackberry Pearl, purchased on eBay, using the online ESN switcher with no problem. It just made me add a Blackberry email/data plan to my account.
    06-22-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD