1. sarahmay9989's Avatar
    Hello all, hopefully someone can help!

    right, so i got this blackberry 2 years ago, but i dropped it in a toilet and so my battery fried up. the no battery came sign came up when trying to charge, so i bought a new battery.

    i have just put this battery in and when plugged in to charge, a red light comes on for about 10 secs then goes off again...nothing happens. when trying to switch it on, the screen flashes on and off again! i just want this thing to work! :'(
    02-18-10 08:22 AM
  2. CalxDesign's Avatar
    The phone is shafted, not just the battery.
    02-18-10 08:23 AM
  3. sarahmay9989's Avatar
    but i out my dads battery in a few weeks ago, and it was fine
    02-18-10 08:23 AM
  4. CalxDesign's Avatar
    That is weird. Sorry, you might have to have it looked at for water damage just to be sure. It could be you fried it when you put the other battery in a couple of weeks ago, either way you'll need to test it.
    02-18-10 08:26 AM
  5. Crackb3rry420's Avatar
    once the phone falls into the "throne" the inside of the phone gets fried...so things can only get worse with functioning..best bet is to go through insurance if you have it
    02-18-10 08:27 AM
  6. anon4705193's Avatar
    Water and Berry don't mix. I think it's done for. Plus you tried to turn it back on so a lot of things could have shorted.
    02-18-10 08:28 AM
  7. sarahmay9989's Avatar
    this phone has no insurance.... im guessing its going to be the admitance of the fact that the phone went to blackberry heaven... unless there are ANY answers!
    please, my life depends on it!
    02-18-10 08:29 AM
  8. redheadincognito's Avatar
    If it happened just recently (although it doesn't sound that way.) You can try to take the phone apart as much as possible, place all parts in a bin half filled with uncooked rice. Leave the bin with the rice and parts somewhere very warm and dry at least overnight, or 24 hours even. The warmth and the rice will work to evaporate and remove some of the moisture in the unit.
    If this happened a while ago, unfortunately there isn't much you can do. Once moisture gets into the small components of cellular units; It needs to be dried pretty much immediately. Otherwise the moisture will start corroding and shorting out the hardware of the unit. In some cases in can take months for water damage to appear or until anything happens at all. Meaning your phone may have been working just fine afterward, but now that the moisture has had a chance to get in there, your phone is not savable. Sorry.
    02-18-10 08:49 AM
  9. halw's Avatar
    Sounds like the phone is toast.
    Last edited by halw; 02-18-10 at 01:13 PM.
    02-18-10 01:11 PM
  10. coolguy78240's Avatar
    Phone + water = death to phone.

    Sorry.
    02-18-10 04:08 PM
  11. Saukrateaz's Avatar
    Check out the rice method. Worked for me last winter when I dropped my phone in the sink (full of water). However, since the phone has attempted to turn on since then it may be shorted. The key is to not attempt to turn the phone on after it gets wet until you have taken it apart and ensured it is dry.
    02-18-10 04:34 PM
  12. t.wils18's Avatar
    Good luckk to you, is all i have to sayy. Hope you fiqure out something....
    02-18-10 08:01 PM
  13. darkonex's Avatar
    I still cannot get over how many people seem to drop their phones in water lol. I swear I read a new story about it every day! It's even more funny that they think they'll actually work especially if they were powered on when it happened or if they power it on right after. Sorry but they are right, the phone is dead, chalk it up and get a new one.
    02-19-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD