okay, so about three months ago, i brought the 8900 curve from ebay. it was in 'okay' condition but i wanted the 8900 because it was the only model that i liked.

however, about a month after i got it, it had a drink spilt over it when i went clubbing, and didnt work for about three days. the buttons i used came up with another symbol or letter. i went back to it and it was working fine.

about a week ago, it got really low battery and i got sick of it vibrating so i removed the battery, when i put it on charge it didnt turn on. my charger is slightly fooked through some animal biting it i think, and there are bare wires, so i connected it to my laptop with a USB cable, all i get is a red light, ive had it on chage for several long and short periods of time and it still isnt turning on.

can someone please help me, im lost without my BlackBerry.!
    09-02-11 11:21 AM
    about a month after i got it, it had a drink spilt over it
    I am not familiar with that model, but I suspect liquid damage...
    09-02-11 11:30 AM
    Just a wild guess here. I would assume some light corrosion on connections. Try taking a clean toothbrush to everything you can touch without damage and wiping it with a cloth. It sounds like your cable may need replacing. Good luck.
    By the way, I know this is not what you are looking for but if you are with ATT they are selling the new Torch for 49.99 and that is a screaming good deal. Alternatively, the new Bold 9930's are just awesome but they go for 199.00. Good luck either way.
    09-02-11 11:50 AM
    Try another wall charger that you know works. Plug it in and let it rest for at least a half hour before checking. If the liquid was anything except pure water than you will likely have internal damage.
    09-02-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD