Just purchased a Blackberry Bold 9700 from Amazon.co.uk. The Phone come used but in new condition and boxed. The Handset is UNLOCKED/SIM-FREE. I'm facing problems with Blackberry Messenger. My friends have tried to add me using the correct BB Pin, however the request does not showup on my Blackberry therefore I cannot accept. Furthermore, if i send the request they can accept but the contact on my blackberry is stuck as pending.

NEED HELP FAST!
    12-25-10 03:00 PM
    What carrier are you using?
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use BBM.
    12-25-10 03:37 PM
    yes i am on O2 i dont have a blackberry data plan could you explain about them and tell me how i can get one?
    12-25-10 03:48 PM
    You call your carrier and ask them to add you to their Blackberry Internet Service data plan instead of the one you have now.

Without it, none of the BB specific features will work (push email, BBM, the stock browser, etc)...
    12-25-10 04:18 PM
    ok will this be free of charge?

thanks guys for very quick replys, very much appreciated
    12-25-10 04:32 PM
    No, there's a monthly fee for BlackBerry data plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 04:34 PM
    At least in the US, the BB dataplan for consumers (BIS) costs the same as the dataplan for regular smartphones.

It is worth a call to ask at least.
    12-25-10 04:36 PM
    It's worth it to have the plan though, for BBM, email etc. Let us know how it works out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 04:39 PM
    UPDATE:

am i just ******* stupid or is my phone ****?

rang up 4444 to get the Blackberry Bolt On confirmed it and it told me to top up �5

then got a message from O2 saying

O2: your request for BLACKBERRYBOLTON has been activated and �5 has been taken from your calltime balance. To opt out call 2425 free from your mobile.

Then got another message saying from Blackberry:

Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.

Yet my internet browser says: Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later.

If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

Blackberry Messenger is the same all my friends are still pending and i cannot send messages or do anything on it.

Help Please!

Sorry if some of this stuff is straight forward my first time using Blackberry.
    12-30-10 03:51 PM
    Take the battery out and see what happens...
    12-30-10 03:59 PM
    wow thanks!
    12-30-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD