at about 5 pm today i started to get flooded with Emails and facebook alerts. Ive received over 200 emails in 15 mins. they are all old emails that I have deleted in the past. WHat happened? and how do I fix it? tried a battery pull, didnt help. Its almost as if im receving every email that is not deleted on my Comcast and Gmail accounts???
    02-17-09 04:16 PM
    im only receiving them on my 8330 not in my email box in comcast or gmail
    02-17-09 04:27 PM
    Something reset the 'new traffic' marker for your mail servers. Probably a problem at the Sprint BIS server.

If the flood has finished simply do a "Delete Prior" on your phone. If it is still sending mail, go to the BIS server's email setup web page and delete then re-add your email accounts. This (should) cause it to ignore anything which was already in the meilbox when re-added.

Oh... and next time don't keep so much history in your inbox. File it neatly in other folders where BIS won't find it again.
    02-17-09 04:29 PM
    It happens at VZW sometimes.....just wait it out.
    02-17-09 05:17 PM
    Ive had this happen to me before. I left it alone and it stopped. But branta is correct also. That will stop it too. Oddly enough I've only had this happen when I was on a cdma network...not that it matters.
    02-17-09 05:31 PM
    thanks for your help guys
    02-17-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD