So this morning my desktop manager updated to OS 6 and I hate it! I want to switch back to OS 5. I called Sprint and the reps basically don't know anything about Blackberry.

I have everything backed up. I just wanted to know if there is a way to switch back to OS 5. If so, where can I download it from? Also, if I switch back to OS 5, will all the info on my phone be deleted? Will the info on desktop manager be deleted? If so, how can I save the info to back up to the OS 5 once it is installed again?

Thank you all for your help in advance.
    04-03-11 10:02 AM
    I am a dedicated BBSAK user. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/. Choose any OS to reload after a wipe. Links to OS may be at the top of the thread. Then restore from DM and all should be well. Best of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    reginald_1986 likes this.
    04-03-11 12:44 PM
    So this morning my desktop manager updated to OS 6 and I hate it! I want to switch back to OS 5. I called Sprint and the reps basically don't know anything about Blackberry.

I have everything backed up. I just wanted to know if there is a way to switch back to OS 5. If so, where can I download it from? Also, if I switch back to OS 5, will all the info on my phone be deleted? Will the info on desktop manager be deleted? If so, how can I save the info to back up to the OS 5 once it is installed again?

Thank you all for your help in advance.
    You may have already backed out by now, but I'll ask anyway ... what do you hate about OS 6? Is it just a matter of needing to get used to some things not being where you expected them? And maybe most importantly, did you do a couple of battery pulls after the update to make sure everything was 'settled in'?

I came from the Bold 9000 with an older version of OS 5, and aside from the touch screen on the Torch and a much better browser, I didn't see a whole lot different to the look and feel of the OS.
    04-03-11 02:58 PM
    Yes, I think you should take a little bit of time to get used to OS 6 before making a hasty decision. I personally love OS 6. But, if your mind is set, just follow sedalia066's advice.
    04-03-11 08:56 PM
    If I downgrade, will the info I have backed up on OS 6 Desktop Manager be saved and appear on OS 5 Desktop Manager?

Thanks!

04-04-11 10:59 PM
    I am a dedicated BBSAK user. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-bbsak-570663/. Choose any OS to reload after a wipe. Links to OS may be at the top of the thread. Then restore from DM and all should be well. Best of luck.

OMG. Thanks for posting that! There you go a thanks

If I downgrade, will the info I have backed up on OS 6 Desktop Manager be saved and appear on OS 5 Desktop Manager?

Thanks!

Yes. Whatever you backed up, will be there. So no worries. if you are worried, back up twice....
    04-05-11 12:42 AM
    Unless I'm the one reading the post wrong, He's actually asking about going back to desktop manager 5 not his phones OS. I think if you go back every time it looks for an upgrade it will upgrade. Only option would be to block the DM in your firewall so it cant check for upgrades.
    04-05-11 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD