i got my 8330 vzw curve a couple of weeks ago and on several occasions the connection would go bad and when i would call someone or them call me they could hear me talking but i couldnt hear anything, i figured there must be something wrong with the speaker so i switched to speaker phone and same problem(so im pretty sure its the connection or something needs switched on the phone, not that the speaker just doesnt work) so anyways i restart my phone and it works.......i have to do this on a daily basis. i called vzw and they said they couldnt do anything but if i bring my box in they would swap the phone for me, so now i have a new curve for about 2 days now and its doing the same thing my other one was. this has to be a software problem, i know its not just the phone. i need major help ive searched the forums and come up with nothing regarding this matter any help would be appreciated.
    06-06-08 12:28 PM
    This appears to be a common glitch in vzw curves, mostly i've heard it happens after you receive an MMS.
    Battery pull is the only fix right now, which I'm sure is no consolation, since you don't know about it until you try to use the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 01:01 PM
    This must just be a known issue with the Curve. Especially since Verizon was so willing to swap it out for you. Generally, if an issue is not known and documented by a carrier, they are less willing to take the phone back..

That being said, if it is a huge issue for you, I would honestly go with a different Blackberry. Verizon offers the WE and the Pearl. Only downside to those phones is that the Pearl obviously doesn't have the full qwerty keyboard if that's what you like, and the WE doesn't offer a camera. It's just up to you to decide whether this is a big enough issue to get a different model. Hope this helps.
    06-06-08 01:09 PM
    I have the samething happen to me went to the store and another guy that had one said it did it to him a few times and hasn't done it in two weeks so I'm just gonna deal with it since there's nothing else to do

06-06-08 01:13 PM
    I have the samething happen to me went to the store and another guy that had one said it did it to him a few times and hasn't done it in two weeks so I'm just gonna deal with it since there's nothing else to do

I don't understand this logic.... So basically, what you're saying is, "Yes, my phone doesn't work properly. But I'm going to just live with it because Verizon won't do anything about it."

As I said in my last post, I would switch phone models. I personally have the Pearl from Verizon and I am absolutely fed up with the whole memoury leak issue. Therefore, I am going to switch models. Now, with all this talk of the speaker issue on the Verizon Curve, I guess my mind is made up to move to the WE.

All that being said, I can't imagine anyone paying top dollar for a top of the line phone, then just dealing with the issues. Shouldn't Verizon be responsible for taking care of their loyal customers (loyal=contractually bound ) and either offering a different model at a discount, or working with RIM to come out with a Curve that actually works properly?
    06-06-08 01:35 PM
    All this being said, I would hope that RIM will catch it on the next cdma os release, if I remember all the prerelease chatter, this was one of the causes for the delay of the cdma curves.

06-06-08 03:42 PM
    i just bought my curve tuesday and i am having the same issue but it does not seem to be only after i recieve an mms message i just called verizon and they had me do a couple updates on the phone so we will see if that helps
    06-06-08 06:53 PM
    It must be a Verizon specific issue...this doesn't happen on the Bell 8330, I can tell you that.
    06-06-08 09:17 PM
    It's cdma specific and appears to be .qpc files either as an mms or opened on the curves that sets the bug off.
    For now a battery pull or softreset will get the speaker working again, also happening on sprint. It does seem to be recognized by RIM as a bug which means it will eventually be addressed with a patch down the road.

06-06-08 09:53 PM
    i had the same problem, i erased the call log and the phone speaker worked fine after that
    06-07-08 01:09 PM
    Hey everyone.
    I was experiencing this same problem on my Blackberry 9630 Tour. I woke up one more and nothing was working. No sound or anything. It was like it was dead. Along with that day my camera and video camera wasn't working either. so I rebooted the phone. (took battery out for 5 minutes. and re inserted) that fixed the camera and video camera issue. But with the speaker i disassembled my phone and looked at the speaker. There are 2 hook looking things on the top and bottom of the speakers that I guess power the speaker. The problem was they were not touching the metal backing on the speakers housing causing it not to work. So I bent the down a bit and reassembled the phone. Tightening the screws as tight as i could get them to assure a positive connection with the hooks to the metal. After the phone rebooted everything worked perfect. Sorry if this is confusing but I really didn't know how to but it in words. Hope this helps.
    07-28-10 10:19 PM
    Careful tightening the screws - folks have striped them or the socket they go into.
    07-28-10 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD