I tried to change the housing on my Blackberry Curve 9300, I got the special screwdrivers with the pack. I unscrewed one no bother then when I tried to unscrew the one with the blue sticker on top, the screw became rounded out and now I don't know how to get it out, please help.
    05-23-11 02:35 PM
    Usualy you'll just have to break it. Its going to be very difficult to take that out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 02:38 PM
    break the screw or housing? if i broke the screw how would i get it out then?
    05-23-11 02:42 PM
    The housing. Generally it'll be impossible to take the screw out but if you can, kudos. Try putting a lot of pressure down and screw it out. It might help.
    05-23-11 02:49 PM
    So wait if I snap my old housing then will my new housing fit on or will i have the same problem trying to fit it on with the screw still in the back? ive tried everything im so stressed out
    05-23-11 02:51 PM
    You can do that but then your phone will look terrible. You can always take it to a hardware store and they might help you. They sell kits where you can pull out a screw that has been scripted.
    05-23-11 03:01 PM
    before breaking your hosing get a small flat head (standard) screw driver and attempt to slowly turn the screw out,

a tiny dab of crazy glue on the screw driver could help as well

I'd do this before breaking your housing
    05-23-11 03:11 PM
    You have a Tsomething screwdriver that came with the kit, sometimes the next size up T screwdriver will work to get the stripped one out.
    05-23-11 03:43 PM
    You have a Tsomething screwdriver that came with the kit, sometimes the next size up T screwdriver will work to get the stripped one out.
    ive tried this doesnt seem to work because the screwdriver has nothing to hang onto, as the hole is almost a circle
    05-23-11 04:00 PM
    ive tried this doesnt seem to work because the screwdriver has nothing to hang onto, as the hole is almost a circle
    use super glue (as mentioned previously) and super glue the screwdriver into the stripped screw head. once it sets, you should be able to get it out...
    05-23-11 05:39 PM
    Drill it out. Get a small drill, find a bit about the thickness of the screw, and drill it out. I've never done it on a BlackBerry, but it works on cars and the principle is the same.
    05-23-11 10:14 PM
    use super glue (as mentioned previously) and super glue the screwdriver into the stripped screw head. once it sets, you should be able to get it out...
    yeh but wouldnt that only work if the screw had already started to be unscrewed?
    05-24-11 05:40 AM
    yeh but wouldnt that only work if the screw had already started to be unscrewed?
    Nope,

I've done it on rusted screws, I admit, I used epoxy not super glue, but it works.

as previously mentioned one could try and drill it out, BUT on a small plastic casing like a BB has, you can't re tap the hole if you damage the threads, so you better use drill press with a guard, and use a very very fine drill bit.
    05-24-11 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD