So before i upgraded to 5.1.0.175, i was able to use my "a" key on my keyboard as a shortcut to LOCK my phone. that way, when i tried to use it, i'd have to enter my password.

I upgraded to 5.1.0.175 today and every time i hit the "a" key, my bold does a KEYBOARD lock instead; similar to what the lock key at the top of the bold does. Now this his seriously pissing me the f*** off.

Someone please help. is there any way i can change the "a" button back to LOCK?
    Last edited by coldfir3; 08-12-10 at 02:07 AM.
    08-12-10 01:36 AM
    Alternatively, you could try hitting Alt+Enter to Quick lock the phone (password protected).

This might NOT work if you have Quick Language Selection - enabled.

- If you don't have 'Quick Language Selection' enabled - then hit Alt+Enter to lock the phone.
    - If you DO have 'Quick Language Selection' enabled - then go to Options and change the short cut for this (Shift+Space). With that done, you can now use Alt+Enter to lock the phone.

IF YOU MUST HAVE the 'A' key for lock - then go back to an older OS. It should work fine.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 08-12-10 at 01:59 AM.
    08-12-10 01:54 AM
    dammit, it took a while damm hour to update today. i'm not in the mood to downgrade again.

The alt+enter works great. thank you
    08-12-10 01:59 AM
    dammit, it took a while damm hour to update today. i'm not in the mood to downgrade again.

I know the feeling.

Happy to help.

BTW, is it possible for you to change the title of your Thread? I mean... err, instead of PLEASE HELP, something a bit more descriptive of the problem?

Just that, in case someone else is looking for a solution to the problem, would be easier to find with a descriptive title.

Just a thought.

Cheers.
    08-12-10 02:02 AM
    lol i thought about the title. i just didn't know what to write.

EDIT: is there a way to edit the thread title?
    Last edited by coldfir3; 08-12-10 at 02:10 AM.
    08-12-10 02:06 AM
    You might also try posting without foul language.
    08-12-10 06:29 AM
    awh give me a break. it was one word. I'm sorry if it offended your ears -.-. I was just frustrated
    08-12-10 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD